blooming (part 3)

****maybe a bit of a spoiler warning for season 7? Maybe not really since I've only watched 7 episodes of it and don't know much**** that a good animatic up there BTW!!!

"how do you know my name????"

I suck in my breath. I don't respond.

"How did you know it was me???"

I start to panic. What did I just do?!. This was a mistake, this was a mistake, this was a mistake!!!

"No body knows I'm in space except some some of the garrison?! How did you find out?!"

Allura announces something over the speakers, but I don't really hear what it is.

"Sorry I have to to go"

I quickly rub off all the writing on the back of my arm, careful not to touch any cuts. I wrap my arm with bandages and my other one and pull down my sleeves.

I get out of my bed quicker then usual. I open my door and head to where I hope allura wants us, since I wasn't paying attention.

Keith walks in close behind me looking worried and rubbing his arms.

allura explains we are going to be doing some soulmate stuff, just for Keith, since he just got his soulmate, to make him feel better and get used to it I suppose. Maybe help him find out who they are but... I would rather he didn't...

I suck my breath in and hold it. I want to suffocate.

I hold it and hold it, my lungs being crushed by pressure.

I relise Keith is starting to turn red and his eyes are rolling in his head and I let go.

Fuck.

He turned back to normal colour.

It is me...

I try to ignore the panic rising in my stomach.

Shiro goes first since he has already found his soulmate.

He writes something on his arm and nothing happens.

"Yeah, up in space messages usually take ages to get down to earth... I don't know why. I guess the closer you are the better signal or something it will take a few minutes", Shiro tells the group.

I see Keith go wide-eyed beside hunk and I start to panic more.

After a few minutes Adam responded. He said something about loving Shiro and how he misses him.

Hunk stands up next. He holds out his arm and writes something. He doesn't get a response right away and he explains that he's been talking to them for a while. I notice slight petals growing out of the knees in his pants.

"They seem to be a bit clumsy" I say laughing a little.

Hunk laughs too. "Yeah, they fall over a lot, and bump into things".

Everyone laughs a little. He gets a response asking how his day has been and if he's doing well. A kind soulmate then...

I can see Keith out of the corner of my eyes, he looks like he is deep in thought...

We skip pidge since she isn't 17 yet.

"Lance! You're next!" Hunk says giggling.

My whole body clenches tightly.

"You know what can we just skip me! I don't think my soulmate is old enough yet, yesterday I didn't get a response" I say scratching my head and laughing.

"Bro you've gotta! Try again today!" Hunk whines.

I shake my head.

"No I don't think-"

"Yeah Lance. Do it" Keith says stonily crossing his arms. He squints at me.

I swallow thickly. This is exactly what I didn't want.

"I... I don't want to" I say quietly.

"Lance, everyone else did it. Don't be such a spoil sport" allura says angrily.

I wince at her words and feel a little more hurt when so one rushed to back me up or tell her to take it back.

I swallow the lump in my throat and take the pen from hunks outstretched hand. I uncap it and stare at it.

I can't roll up my sleeves so I roll up my trousers. Everyone looks confused but Keith looks curious.

I press the pen to my skin and take a really deep breath. I hold it- secretly hoping I'll suffocate on the spot- but I exhale when pidge coughs.

I write 'hello again...Keith..' onto my leg and slowly as I can and then look up and make painful eyes contact with Keith. He rolls up his trouser leg and written on his shin clear as day is...

'hello again... Keith..'

Well this chapter is a lot shorter then my usual ones I thin usually I get to 1000 and something words usually around 1500 but I only got to 760 ish today. I think this was a good place to wrap it up lolol.

And to that person in the comments, yes another cliffhanger haha- sort of
(you know who you are)

Anywayyyy I'm going on holiday again tomorrow for a week. (School is super soon and I wanna dieeee) I'll try to write while I'm gone but I may not because I'll be surfing and eating the good foods. (Fast food which is horribly bad but I can pretend)

I've actually been updating regularly lately and omfg i never thought I would I thought it would be like one every month 😂😂😂

Also!!! I got 4k reads!!!!!! So happy!!! And 200 votes *dances badly* I am de happy bunnn

Anyway thank you all for reading
-fox