beautiful confessions,

•|•|•

•|•|•

"I cannot. I will choose my own bride."

Jinheung clenched his fists in anger when he remembered how Hae-nim quietly walked away from him as she tried not to break down in tears. His heart break at the thought that he was the reason of those tears.

"Do you still not get it? What you want is irrelevant." Queen Jiso told him.

Jinheung glared angrily at her. "The traditions are irrelevant, not Hae-nim."

•••

After the Hwarang's performance, Jinheung walked away from the festival and looked up to find the Queen's guard climbed on his horse with someone in the distance and rode off. Liwen, Lu and Pa Oh rushed over to him with worried looks on their faces.

"Your Majesty."

"There is trouble." Pa Oh told him.

"What is it?" Jinheung asked in confusion.

"Just trouble?" Lu said in disbelief as he glared at Pa Oh. "This is more than that. This will be war!"

"Her Majesty is nowhere to be found. She is gone!" Liwen told Jinheung.

Jinheung's eyes widen in horror. "What?!"

"We looked everywhere for her, but could not find her." Pa Oh added.

Jinheung turned to the direction the Queen's guard took off. "I think the Commandant took her." he said, horrified.

Lu looked furious as he glared menacingly at him. "If something happens to her, you and Silla will pay. China will declare war." he threatened.

Jinheung shoved him away and ran off. Liwen, Lu and Pa Oh glanced at each other before following after him.

'No! She is endanger. This is what I am afraid of. I cannot, I will not let mother hurt her.'

•••

Hae-nim glared at Queen Jiso as she faced her inside the throne room of Wolseong Palace.

"What do you want, Jiso?" she asked and glanced at the Queen's guard beside her. "Kidnapping me and taking me here? If you want to kill me, go on then."

Queen Jiso glared at her as her guard draws his sword, but hesitation was in his eyes as he stared at Hae-nim.

"This is your only chance to do so." Hae-nim said, calmly. "Because, there will not be a second one."