beautiful parade,

•|•|•

•|•|•

"You. Who are you?"

Hae-nim ignored the man as she glanced around, finding a way to escape. When she started backing away, the man narrowed his eyes at her in suspicion and slowly stepped closer to her. Before he could reach her, he heard something behind him. He turned around and blocked a sword lunging at him with his own, but missed two more swords coming his way and pierced his waist and his already injured shoulder.

Hae-nim saw that it was Jinheung, Liwen and Lu. Her eyes widen and accidentally dropped her dagger as the man wrapped his arms around her waist and pushed her to safety from the three. She locked eyes with Jinheung and saw his eyes widen as well at the man's actions.

Jinheung stood beside Liwen and Lu, and glanced at them. "Get her out of here. " he said sternly.

Liwen and Lu nodded and swiftly jumped pass the man. Jinheung looked at Hae-nim before running away as the man followed after him. Hae-nim removed her mask and she slumped down to the ground and breath out a deep sigh of relief. Liwen and Lu knelt beside her with a worried look on their faces.

"Your Majesty!"

"I am fine." Hae-nim assured the two before remembering the man's face. "He was no assassin, but someone who was trying to avenge the death of his friend."

•••

Jinheung and Hae-nim were sitting across from each other inside the tea house, Sutabaksu while Liwen, Lu and Pa Oh sat on another table beside them, keeping an eye on them.

"Are you saying you lost your bracelet?"

Hae-nim quirk an eyebrow as she stared at Jinheung, who looked completely calm for someone who just lost something important.

"That bracelet signifies that you are the King." Pa Oh added.

Jinheung glanced at him and sighed. "If they say I am not King because I do not have it, I will not bother." he told him.

Pa Oh bowed to him. "I deserve to be struck dead. I did not protect you properly. I deserve to die." he said seriously.

Hae-nim chuckled, while Liwen and Lu exchange amused looks as they took a sip of their tea.

"He was nowhere to be found when we were at that room full of doors. Indeed, he did not protect him properly." Hae-nim said, teasing Pa Oh.

Pa Oh turned to her and bowed. "I failed to protect you both. I deserve to die."

"If you die, what will happen to us, to me?" Ji Dwi asked him and took a sip of his tea. "If my mother will not state that I am King, no one will know that I am."