The End

Chapter 18

Surrounded by the light of my soul, I feel like I'm suspended in mid air, unmoving. Maybe this is what my after life holds for me, safe in the comfort of the light, rather than burning in hell. Buy something doesn't feel right, I feel stuck some way between this place and what comes next.

My heart shattered completely, its left with Maximus and Caine. Its like thinking of them triggered something. Like the first I died, except instead of Maximus giving me his blood, Caine is. Then the pulling started, except this time I'm not bring pulled in two, the whole of me is leaving, moving towards my body. Then its a blur, til I feel myself reach out and taking Caine's arm. His blood flowed into my mouth. But it didn't bring forward the monster in me that fights to take it all. His blood makes me feel alive, warming my body from the inside out. Bonding me to him for the rest of my life. His only and that knowledge repaired my shattered heart, falling more in love with him, my salvation.

Then everything when dark, my body now fighting the poison inside.

Opening my eye's, I looked around and found myself in my room. Did I dream all of that or did it actually happen. Getting out of bed I tested my strength, I feel stronger than before but I feel like the real me, before I was reborn. Walking in front of the mirror, I shocked myself.

My chocolate brown hair is back but with streaks of red running it. My eye now the ones I love, warn with love and humanity. Some of my vampire traits still obvious with my pale skin and  blood red lips. I'm getting a proper chance of a new life, a life with my emotions, a man I love and the father I wished I was born with.

Looking at the state of my clothes, I know for definite last night happened. Pulling them off, I grabbed a sweat pants and tank top, dressing myself quickly. My heart raced at the thought s of seeing Caine again. Taking a deep breath, I opened my bedroom door and heard two different sets of footsteps coming towards me. First I spotted Maximus who looks completely shocked like myself to see him here but so happy at the same time. Then my eyes found Caine's, my senses and feelings must have really been dull before because the man standing in front of me is heart stopping hot. Every detail I memorised so I won't ever forget.

The only thing I can think of to say is "Hi" looks like he is the same. His voice is rough and sexy with that one word. The emotions inside me came to life and all I can think of is what his lips feel like and if like everything else, my memory won't do him justice. So in that second, I decided I'm going to find out right now. Walking towards him, I placed my hand either side of his face and brought his lips to mine.

His lips are like nothing I have ever felt before and I can't get enough. He is my new monster because he is something I will never get enough of, I'll always want more. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him, luckily because I'm sure my knee's are about to give way. This is what love feels like, not the love we think we find every so often, like pure undiluted love where you know you would die to protect each other, do anything to see them smile and see the love you hold even when sometimes you think your not strong enough to hold something so pure and real.

A cough reminded that we aren't alone. Breaking our kiss, I smiled at Caine before he let me go. A equally strong but different love came to the surface. This man standing in front of me has risked everything for me and I will never be able to thank him. Walking towards him, I wrapped my arms around him, he is what home feels like for me, his scent makes me feel safe and protected like s daughter should.

After a few days of getting to know Caine's team and them getting to know Maximus and myself. We had to face reality, well for me the council and what fate now awaits me. They don't know about Maximus changing me, he would face severe punishment or death for changing me. Whatever they decide, there is no changing it, it's final. Walking into the council's headquarters, my heart thumped erratically inside of me. Know matter how much I prepared myself for this I can't help but think being soulless right now could have it'd benefits with my nerves right now. I had forgotten what sheer panic feels like. But then again, I have Caine and his team with me, right now I don't know whose worse, him or me.