Getting into his head

Chapter 14

Watching the sky darken, a dark smile appeared on my face. Once all the lights go out in his house, that's when I will put my plan into motion. Nico and Lex was just a warm up to this. What's in store for Keith will be completely different, I'm going to push him to the brink of insanity. He won't be getting any sleep while he is here.

His securities movement's are easy to follow, there is a set routine. Even with the new security he isn't any better protected than before. Getting up from my seat, I walked into my room and rooted through my bags. After a few minute's I found it, one of the dressed Keith bought me that he will know doubt recognise because he loved in on me, the perfume he bought me and my own purchase, a wig with the exact colour my hair use to be.

Keith is going to get a visit from his own personal ghost. Taking my clothes off, I slipped into a black maxi dress with sequins around the chest. Picking up my brush, I scrapped my hair back and clipped it tight to my head and slipped the wig on and then sprayed the perfume. My stomach turned as I inhaled the scent, I used to love it but now it reminds me of him. I haven't touched it since that night.

Looking in the mirror, my breath caught in my throat. For the first time since I changed, the old me or well the closet to the old me is looking back at me. But this girl isn't the same anymore not with how cold my green eyes are.

Turning away from the mirror, I walked back into the lounge and looked out the window. It's time, the whole house is in the dark, just what I have been waiting for.

Opening my front door, I looked around to make sure no one can see. When I saw no one, I ran towards Keith' s house. Stopping a couple of meters away, I kept to the shadows and walked around his house. Looking around the back, I smiled seeing heat two window's are open, it gets better, Keith' window is open. My luck seems to have gotten better. Walking towards the wall, I got on my hunker' s before jumping towards his window. Grabbing onto the ledge, I pulled myself up, making as little noise as possible. Just as I got onto the ledge, two of his security guards, walked around the house checking for any intruders. Leaning against the window to try blend into the shadows as much as possible in the hope that if they do look up, I won't be noticeable and my attack will be a surprise to them, giving them no time to prepare. Fortunately for me, they never looked up.

Pulling the window out further, I listened into his room for any sign he is awake. After a few minute's of listening, I know he is asleep from him relaxed breathing. Slipping inside, I looked around the room to find it the exact same as when I was here. Then I looked at him and wanted nothing more than to rip his throat out and watch his life flow out of him and stain his crisp white sheets.

Everything inside me is screaming at me to kill him and drain his dry. But that is too easy for him, he doesn't deserve a painless death. Walking over to his bed, his scent wrapped around me as I tried to fight the urge to feed on him. For this to work, I have to stay calm and move quickly when I need to.

So I whispered in his ear, "Keith" and sat down beside him. He stirred but he didn't wake up. So I leaned forward and whispered his name again a bit louder but not loud enough for anyone else to hear, especially the vampire's.

This time he stirred and I watched him open his eyes slowly. He lay there silently taking in his surroundings as I sat on the edge of his bed waiting for him to realise that he isn't alone. Then he slowly turned to look at me, his reaction ls better than I could expect. He jumped and crawled backwards away from me, huddling himself against his head board.

Tilting my head to the side I looked at him,

"What's wrong? you look like you have seen a ghost" I said innocently.

"You, you, you're dead" he sputtered.

"I'm dead" I said pretending to be confused.

"I saw you die" he said now in shock.

Sitting there silently, I pretended to think about it.

"Oh yeah, you shot me" I said a little angery as I stood up and glared at him.

Using my power, I let it blow my hair gently and my dress as well, letting some of my power circulate around me just to freak him out.

"Why are you here? what are you going to do to me?" he asked showing pure fear on his face.

"To get my revenge, to make you suffer, you left me there bleeding to death on a dirty pavement. How do you imagine you're death Keith? like mine or do you think you're so important than you can't be left to die like the animal you are" I smirked and let my power lift me off the ground and to drive it home that I'm here for revenge, I allowed my eyes to turn completely black.

He stayed in the same spot trembling like the coward that he is. Moving closer, I let myself hover over him and stared at him with cold dead eyes.

"No idea, that's okay Keith, l have thought of you're death a thousand times over, each one more painful than the last. You will beg for death Keith and I won't grant that until I think you have suffered enough" I said in a dead tone.

Tears began to fill his eyes. I can hear his heart thumping against his chest as the smell of fear fills the room, stirring the monster inside of me. Looking at him, I can tell he is about to scream out, so I did the final thing to scare him. Reaching out, I used one finger to slide it down the side of his face as he turned away from me. He hasn't looked at me since my eyes turned black and I floated off the ground.

"See you sooner than you think" I whispered so close to his ear my lips brushed off it and that's when he release a scream an animal would be proud off, not exactly the hardened criminal he tries to portray.

Looking at his door, I can hear his security guards coming as he stays screaming with his face buried in his pillow. I took the opening and placed my feet back on the ground and ran towards the window so fast, to humans I would be a blur, to vampire's they can see me clearly.

Landing on the ground outside, I did a quick scan around me. No one around, so I ran full speed to my front door. Taking my first step through my front door, I couldn't help but laugh. He was so scared, just the expression on his face was worth the risk of getting caught. By now, I say his guards are laughing at him thinking he just had a nightmare. I guess it is except this nightmare comes when he is awake. This is just the tip of the ice berg, everywhere he goes he will see flashes of the old me, I will be every then I will finish it.

Taking the wig and dress off, I threw them on my bed and slipped into my pj' s. Crawling into bed, my thoughts went straight to Caine. What must he think of me, I chose revenge instead of love and I turned my back on my soul. Everything I'm doing, I hope it's worth it in the end, that I get the closure and revenge I want. When I dreamed about this, never did I expect to find my beloved, I never dreamed that I could become whole again, that I could be saved, like in all the fairytale books I read as a child. When I lived with my father that's all I dreamed about, that my knight is shining armour would come and rescue me, save me from my father. It took dying to find my knight in shining armour, Maximus. Except my fairytale brought a father instead of a prince. Exactly what I needed at the time and still need.

Then their Caine, the one I had been waiting for as a human, as a vampire he has come at the worst time possible. We can never be together and he doesn't realise that, he thinks he can save me but I'm too far gone, I'm a killer pure and simple. He has been hired to hunt me down and kill me and that's exactly what will happen.