Hunter's

Chapter 9

Riding home, my heart thumped wildly as adrenalin coursed through my body. My power still humming steadily inside of me, wanting to break free. Fully feeding, I never expected to feel so powerful after it, like I have only been running on half power. The freedom of not having to stop, was a rush. Something I know I could get easily addicted to. But with the amount I took, I won't have to feed for awhile.

Driving around, I waited before I went straight home just incase one of the security managed to follow me. But I didn't see any tails, so I finally pulled outside my house. Getting off my bike I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed Maximus' s number. After a few ring, he answered,

"Ivy, what's wrong?" he whispered.

"Nothing wrong, I just want to tell you before you see the news, Nico and Lex are dead" I told him.

"So this means I won't be seeing you again" he asked sadly.

"No, not unless I survive the hunter's, but Maximus, thank you for giving me life to do this and a home. I will always be forever grateful" I said honestly.

"No need for thanks Ivy, I made the choice to give you life and I will always stand by that decision. Keep you're phone, I will let you know if I hear news from the council" he said sincerely.

"Thank you Maximus" I said before I hung up.

Letting go of the one person that actually makes me feel something is a lot harder than I could have anticipated. Like really giving up the last shred of humanity that I have clung onto so tightly. I can feel the monster in me itching to break out, to really let go, to give into my blood lust and swim in til it completely devours me.

But doing that, everything Maximus has done for me might as well not happened, I was reborn for vengeance and that's exactly what I'm going to do, I plan to deliver it in the most violent way possible.

Two are crossed off my list, but I have a long list. One's that will take time and other so quick they won't even see me coming, exactly like death itself. Only my hand won't be a gentle one.

Walking into my room, I striped off and got into the shower. The hot water stung my skin momentarily before my muscle's relaxed. I washed away any trace of Nico and Lex' s blood and watched the blood stained water swirl down the drain. I thought I might feel some remorse after killing them but I feel nothing but satisfaction, by killing those two, I have prevented number's of more innocent death's, girl's who fell in love with the wrong men and pay with their lives, just like I did. But they didn't have Maximus to save them like I had, to take a risk like he did.

Getting dressed, I crawled into bed feeling more tired than I have in a long time but then again I have never used my power's to such an extent before. Closing my eyes, I let my body relax til sleep took me.

At first I was wrapped in darkness like every other time I sleep but tonight, I dreamed for the first time. I dreamed of my soul, slowly getting closer to me, so close I could reach out and touch it but I didn't, I didn't want to disrupt my dream and float in the darkness alone. She whispered one word before I woke "Soon".

Waking up, that word echoed in my thought's, soon, the only thing I can think it means is that we will be reunited with each other soon after I finish what I started, when the hunter's finally catch up with me. That thought gave me an odd sense of comfort, knowing that in death we will be joined, I will become whole again.

Getting out of bed, I walked into my lounge and turned the TV on, just like I had expected, Nico and Lex' s death is splashed across every screen. The reporter talks about how strange event's had happened at their home before leading to their death's. They have no suspects or evidence yet on who killed them or why. But she does talk about them being known criminals and how their murders could be gang related. Each station I flicked to had pretty much the same report. They won't be the one's to find me it will be the hunter's that will catch me.