No Humanity

Chapter 6

Going into work, I couldn't keep the smile off my face, knowing I got to Nico and Lex. This is just the start of it, no amount of new security is going to be able to stop me, it will just make it all the more fun to fuck with them. Their easy prey now I know where they live. Walking through the main door of Maximus building, I put on my usual show of smiles and acted like my workmates stories interest me, nodding and smiling, even holding conversations with them. It tedious but I need to blend into normal society. Their is one girl called Taylor who's conversations don't bore me to death, I think if I was human or I still had my humanity, we could have been friend's.

But something is off with her, nothing dangerous or anything like that, it's her body language. It's completely off to what she is talking about and how she tries to present herself. Vampire are predators, most might not kill when they feed but we can always smell fear and it's fear that pours out of her. It isn't directed at me or anyone here, once she gets to our office she physically relaxes. Something or someone is scaring her and would love to know who. She reminds me of myself when I was human. When I first started to date Keith and he said no one could know about us for my safety, I walked around scared someone was going to jump out and attack me or worse and that's exactly how she looks.

Separating once we got to our office, I decided I'm going to keep an eye on her when I can. I haven't seen her around Keith or his employees so I know it's not them, it could even be her boyfriend that has her so afraid, but there is definitely something wrong. Sitting down, I started to go through all the work on my desk that needs my attention.

"I have heard you put your plan into motion" Maximus said as he walked into his office.

"I have, don't worry I didn't do anything to attract attention yet" I replied reassuring that I haven't made myself known to them.

"What you did, I have to say is quite clever, you did enough to scare him, so much so he has gotten more security" Maximus smiled.

"How did you hear already?" I asked surprised news of last night has travelled so quickly.

"My firm handles the security company he uses, I have my sources there that tell me when anything changes regarding that family" he smirked.

"Ah, that's handy, but is you're source trustworthy? " I questioned.

"He is more afraid of me than that family of thugs. The sooner their off the street's the better. They have no remorse for the unnecessary death's they have caused including you're own. You have no idea how many young women have got caught up with these men and ended up with the same outcome you had, but no one was there to bring them back from death" he said as his eyes darkened.

Looking around, I made sure no one is watching us, the colour of his eyes is only slightly changed but it his body language that most will noticed. Maximus is gentle for a vampire and caring. But right now he looks every bit the Predator he is.

"Maximus calm down, you will draw attention to yourself" I said calmly not wanting to awaken the animal inside him any more than it already is.

Still watching him, I could see him take in a deep breath, after a few seconds his whole body language changed to the one I'm use to.

"Are you okay now?" I asked.

"Yes, I have calmed down, I'm sorry, I have grown quite protective of you over the year and remembering how I found you brings out the blood lust in me" he explained.

"Don't worry, they will get what's coming to them and more, it's already started" I smiled.

"Just be careful Ivy, you still have the hunter's to avoid once you kill them, they will soon pick up on it that a vampire is responsible and once they find you they will try to kill you" he said with concern clear in his eyes.