Becoming Whole

Chapter 17

This is like deja vu, this can't be happen again. I'm the one suppose to kill him, not the other way around. Looking into Caine's eye's is heartbreaking, then that look I'm so familiar with flashed in his eye's. He looks at me once more before his whole body language changes as he stands up. He isn't a hunter right now, he is a killer. Something I don't ever want him to be. Pulling out his gun he aims it at Keith. The other hunter's pull Keith to his feet. There all going to do this and I can't let them.

Reaching out my hand, I grab Caine's leg, bringing his attention back to me.

"You can't kill him Caine, none of you can. You're not killer's but I am. I started this and I'm going to end it. I'm dragging him to hell with me" I told him. My own voice shocks me at how weak I sound. The poison in their bullet's are starting to spread through every vein and artery.

"Ivy, you use your power and the poison will spread quicker, I can't lose you, not yet" he pleaded.

Shaking my head, I stumble a few times before I finally get to my feet. Holding onto the desk, I face Keith. He might be shot but he definitely isn't in enough pain.

"I told you I would be the one to kill you, even if it means I get to drag you to hell myself" I spat.

"Hate to tell you, but you look a hell of a lot worse than me. Looks like you will stay dead this time" he smirked.

Not wasting another word on him, I pulled at my power trying to gather what I can. It's not nearly as powerful as I'm used to but it's enough. Pushing my energy towards him, he started to scream and shake. The hunter's dropped him looking confused. Keith held onto his head as his screams are getting louder. Then he looks at me and it's my turn to smirk, blood is pouring from his eyes, nose, mouth and ears as the pressure crushes his skull slowly.

Then he stopped screaming, stopped moving and his heart stopped beating. I did it, I killed him. Then I felt myself give up as I fell to my knee's. Cold, that's all I can feel is the cold sinking into my bone. My vision began to blur just like before. Only this time I can feel Caine wrap his arms around me. I can't hear anything he is saying clearly, too many voices are shouting all at once. So many, I swear I could hear Maximus's voice, but I know that's not possible, just a trick my mind is playing, it has to be.

Then everything went silent.

"Its time" my soul whispered in the darkness.

Then she appeared, so pure like every time I have seen her. She reached out her hand and for the first time I reached out mine to her. As our finger's touched, light encased us and finally I feel whole.

Caine's POV

This can't be happening, we got here in time. One minute she is looking at me with as much love as I have for her, then it all goes to shit. How can I lose her already. Reaching out, I caught her before she fully hit the ground. She is so strong but yet in my arms right now, she is fragile and vulnerable.

"What the hell happened?" I heard a panicked voice behind me shout.

Right now, I can't even face him for a second, he loves her as much as I love her. He sent me here to make sure she survived this and has a chance at a love. His footsteps brought him closer to me til I could see him drop down to his knee's beside me. Reaching out he gently brushed Ivy's hair away from her face.

"Was she shot with one of your bullet's?" he demanded but I still can't find my voice to answer.

Then he slaps me and hard, " answer me" he shouted.

"Yes" I answered.

"Okay, she is still breathing, barely, but we can save her, we just have to move quickly" he told me.

Snapping my head up, I looked at him shocked.

"We can't save her, you know that" I told him.

"I have been around a lot longer than you have. I need all of you to lift her up onto the table and keep her on her side" he instructed.

Straight away my team followed his instruction. We laid her on the table and kept her on her side. We watched Maximus search her back for an exit wound except there isn't one. He looked around the desk and picked up a pen knife. He found whatever he is looking for and stuck the knife into her back, wiggling it around til the blade hit metal, the bullet and dug it out.

"Caine, you need to give her your blood, only s hunter's blood can cure the poison in her body and your also her beloved. Only your blood now can save her" he told me.

My team laid her on her back and moved aside to let me get closer. Right now, I couldn't have more respect for them. I took the knife off Maximus and cut my wrist. Lifting the back of her head up gently I put my wrist to her mouth. But she nothing happened, she didn't start drinking. We're too late. I looked at Maximus and he still looks determined. He reached over and held her mouth open.

"Now try" he urged.

Placing my wrist over her mouth and let my blood flow into her mouth. Minutes feels like hour's as I waited for something to happen. Then finally she started to swallow and I pushed my wrist closer til she held it weakly. Then she stopped but she didn't wake up.

"We need to get her to my house, we can't be here when the police come. Grab her and follow me" he ordered.

Picking her up gently, my team and I followed him to a house across the way. He opened the door and lead us through the house to a bedroom. Placing her down gently on the bed, I followed Maximus out of the room.

"Is she going to live? why hasn't she woke up yet?" I panicked.

"She is going to be okay, we got her on time. You and your team should make yourselves comfortable. She is going to be out for awhile. Her body needs to repair itself. I will make you and your team something to eat, especially you Caine, you have lost a good amount of blood" he smiled.

A chorus of " thank you " came from our team. There never ones to turn down free food. While Maximus cooked, I looked around at all the pictures of him and Ivy. She looks so happy in them, a side I haven't gotten to see yet but thanks to Maximus again, I will get to witness all these moments for myself.

During dinner, the tension in the air has lifted. My team said before we arrived here they would do anything to protect Ivy and keep her safe. She is apart of our family now. The others know how special our bonds are and would never stand in the way. Especially when Ivy never harmed an innocent. Slowly everyone dwindled out towards the rooms to sleep for awhile but I can't even think of sleeping til she wakes up.

After seven hour's, mine and Maximus's head snapped up when we heard her door open. Jumping up I ran towards her and stopped in my tracks when I saw her. Her hair is now a chocolate brown with red streaks and her eyes are a chocolate brown. Her skin is still pale and her lips are red but its her humanity shining through her eyes that makes my heart race. Never did I ever think she could become more beautiful buy right now she has proved me wrong.

"Hi" she whispered.

"Hi" I smiled back.