First Shift

**Willow POV**

Going into the schools office, I wait by the desk for someone... anyone to acknowledge me.

"Can I help you?" A lady rudely asks.

"Um... yea I'm new I just need my schedule.." I calmly say, trying desperately to keep in the attitude I so desperately wanted to spit back at this woman.

"Okay, here." She spat at me, almost slamming down the piece of paper with my schedule on it, on the desk. Giving here the best 'go to hell bitch' look I could give, I slowly walk out of the office and into an almost empty hallway... classes must be starting soon. I better hurry.

Looking for my first period class, Calculus... I've never been the one to like math, but I'm good at it I've always usually been a straight A student except when it comes to P.E. I do literally NOTHING in that class. Looking at my schedule once again..

1. Calculus
2. Biology
3. Government
4. College English
6. Drawing 3
7. Agriculture

I think I might like this last week and only week I have in this school, chuckling to myself, I find the room to my first class, where I got a few confused looks, which made me think I had the wrong room. Shying away, the teacher got up.

"Hello, you must be Willow, I'm your calculus teacher Mr.Baker. Here take this book and find you a seat." He greets me kindly as he hands me a book, I slowly grab it from him, and find a seat. Hopefully I won't get stares like this all day...

***BELL RINGING AT THE END OF THE DAY***

As the last bell rings signaling the end of the school day, I sigh in relief. I've been getting uncomfortable looks and whistles from guys and I think I've made a new friend... her name is Sarah, she seems nice and definitely not fake, so we will see where the quick friendship will go.

Heading out of the school after putting my things in my locker, I look for my mom. Finding her, I walk over and she almost takes off before I even have time to get in, jumping in, and quickly closing the car door, I look at her scared that she could have just killed me...

"What the hell mom?!" Was the only thing I could get out before she looked at me, my scared look reflecting back at me. She said nothing and we rode in silence the whole way home.

When we got home, her need to be in a rush didn't stop, before she even stopped the car she had turned it off, put it in park causing both of us to jolt forward, and exited the vehicle. Looking at her like she's crazy I could almost feel this little voice inside telling me something wasn't right... Well of course it wasn't, it's like she's trying rod kill me!

I saunter out of the car, pain taking over my body but I had managed to get into the house, my mom standing there, blank faced. No emotion...

Is that- is that a gun?! I thought to myself as I had realized she had a gun in her hand, frightened I try to leave, but the pain of snapping bones and shifting has me pinned to where I'm at.

"I'm- I'm sorry b-but if you're not a wolf.. I-I-I have to.. it's the only way to make your father st-stay with me, not ha-hate me." She says, tears rolling down her face. Confusion sets over me before more pain comes forward as I watch her raise the gun.

Suddenly the pain stops, I hear the click of the gun as she loads it, running, she fires and barely misses me, running throughout the house, I find a mirror... my eyes widening at the beautiful animal before me..

I'm a snow leopard!?

A/N: Hopefully this longer chapter is a little bit better, and I'm totally not sorry to leave you on this cliff hanger haha!! Thank you again for reading and a BIGGGGG thank you to WildLifeSpirit for the cover and dong an AMAZING JOB AT IT!!! Thanks again!!