Sorting Things Out - Chapter 12

Keia's POV

Tears fell down my face as I was walking. Those words hit me. I know it may sound like I was making a big deal, but it was just that. Dancing is a great passion of mine, and for someone to say I can't do what I have been doing for most of my life. It hurts. I so wanted to prove to him that I can, but shook that thought away. From now on, I am just going to continue with what I am doing and forget about Dustin.

As I continued to walk away, I heard sudden footsteps come closer to me. I turned my head slighty to find it was Roshan. I turned my head quickly so he wouldn't catch me looking at him and quickened my pace. I was about to turn a corner when he came right in front of me almost making me bash into him.

"What do you want Roshan?" I asked, trying not to sound like I've been crying. I hid my face with my hair.

"I just came to check up on you. I saw you run from that Dustin dude. So I came to see if you was alright." He said calmly, making me feel a little better. At least someone cares about how I feel.

"Well i'm just fine." I said hurridly, trying to move away from him.

He quickly grabbed my arm softly, making me turn around until I was right infront of him. His eyes widened as he saw how red my eyes were. I tried to hide my face from his gaze and stop the teas from coming back.

"What did he do to you?" He asked angrily, not trying to hide his anger towards Dustin.

"Nothing. Just forget about it." I replied, moving my arm out of his grasp.

He moved my hair out of my face and softly tucked it behind my ear. I looked up to him and smiled.

"Well it clearly doesn't look like it." He said softly to me, smiling at me.

I started to look down while my cheeks went crimson. He chuckled slightly and put his hand on my chin; moving my head up so I could look at him.

"Tell me what he did." He demanded, trying to remain cool.

I looked away slightly and looked back at him. My eyes started to water slowly as I told him the story about the whole Dustin laughing at me about how he said I couldn't dance. He really started to get angry but breathed out slowly, calming himself down for now.

"Look." He said annoyingly, touching my cheek. "Don't ever listen to what the jerk says about you and dancing okay." He said nodding his head. "You and everyone else here and I know you can dance. So don't let one individual tell you, you can't."

I smiled at him and nodded my head. We both started staring at each other. Realising how weird it was, we both started laughing at each other and he dried my tears.

"Thank you, Roshan." I said kindly. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

I started blushing even more and hid my face into his chest. He looked down at me and started laughing kissing my forehead again. "It's no big deal." He told me. "We should get back to dance." He said, knowingly.

We nodded and walked back to dance. We walked past Miss Wilson's class to see Dustin standing there. He started to walk towards me but Roshan stopped him.

"Look. You've done enough damage as it is." He said. "Just leave her." Roshan warned. Dustin regarded him and turned his head to me.

"Keia, can we talk?" He asked, in a nice manner. "Just want to sort a few things out. If you will let me?" He asked.

I looked at fustrated Roshan and looked at pleading Dustin. I quickly grabbed Roshan's arm and put it around my shoulders. He pulled me close to him. "No. I think you said enough." I told him.

He regarded the both of us and me and Roshan walked away from him.

Just hoping that would be the last of it.