People Getting Hurt In More Ways Than One - Chapter 9

Dustin's POV

'Man. When is this lesson going to end'. Morgan moaned. Once again.                                                 'Get over it!'. I said from the back of the class.  'You going to be here for a long time, if you don't shut up". He turned around to look at me with a straight face. I started laughing at how funny he looked. He kissed his teeth at me then turned back around. Seriously, is he always going to do that, every time someone makes a remark about what he says.

'I wanna go home man. This is torture!'. Morgan sighed and put his head down on the table.

'Do we give a shit about you wanting to go home'. We all turned around to find it was no other than. 'Who you getting rude to. Patrick, last time I checked you was the one who started all this'. Morgan replied. Stupid, stupid boy. I just shook my head in disappointment. Thought he knew better.

Morgan turned around in his chair trying to not make eye contact with Patrick. I tried to go towards Patrick to not to retaliate but Jayden pushed me back to my seat and told me not to interfere. This child, can never mind his own damn business. I chuckled and shook my head, pulling my seat closer to Jayden.

When I sat down in my chair Jayden had a wide smile on his face obviously showing that he wanted some drama to happen, since nothing good probably happens in his life. I turned towards Morgan who was getting his ipod from his bag, no doubt trying to act like he didn't say anything, so Patrick would simply leave him. He was seriously getting his hopes up too much.

A loud bang came about making everyone in the class jump, my heart beat started racing in my chest. Hey, this child wanting to give me a heart attack. Anyway, who am I kidding, Patrick wouldn't care.

I turned my head towards Patrick who was sitting up in his desk. I tried, once again to go towards him. But failed once again and got pushed back by a noisy, smiling, jerk Jayden. I sighed in realisation that I was never going to be able to stop Patrick. So I just sat back in my desk and watched.

'Did I tell you to carry it on? Did I say I wanted to hear your say in it? Did I want to hear how much you want to go home? I couldn't care less either you're here or not.... nah I'd much prefer you weren't. When I said I wanted to go. It was not to start a trend. It was simply expressing how I felt.  And obviously you could and still can't tell the difference between starting a trend and expressing how you feel. Sad'. Patrick stated.

Everyone started making comments and quietly laughing. I could not lie, I was one of those people. Me and Jayden started laughing so loud, people heads starting turning around to look at us. Gregg being the weird, random person he is. Started banging on the table like a maniac who needs to go to rehab. Usually that would have made me so annoyed but it was too funny what Patrick did. I decided to let it slide.

Patrick slightly turned his head towards us, shaking his head with a small grin before turning away.    I shook my head with a slight grin. Morgan turned around in embarassment. Serves him right! Patrick nodded his head in statisfaction. Patrick always retaliates to things like this. It's in his human nature.

'Dude. You are so rude. You could have put it in a nicer way'. I said well-heard.

He turned to face my way with a raised eyebrow. 'How was there any nice way to say it. It is how it is. You can't handle it, don't respond or carry it on. Simple as'. He said confidently. 

That response reasurred me that he is not a person who says it as it is. And does not care how you take or respond to it. Unless you're someone he likes very much or a close relative. Like me.

A few girls who was a row in front of him and a few seats to the right of him started giggling and whispering about Patrick. When he turned towards them, they all squealed which made him laugh. They all started blushing which made him chuckle while looking at his book. He looked at them again and directed them to come to him.