1 - Dobby

"Harry Potter! (Y/N) (L/N)!" You groan, stepping off of your twin bed. Your room is much bigger than last year, but thats simply because Dudley didn't want it. So now, you have a room painted tan, with white carpet and a single window.

A wardrobe sits in a corner, and your desk is in the opposite which has many books from Hogwarts on it. You particularly enjoyed "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them", and the author himself, Newt Scammander, once shared the same animal love you have now.

You open the door to the hallway, seeing Harry do the same from the room next to you. You walk down the stairs, not bothering to change out of your sweatpants and baggy sweatshirt. Harry isnt in a much better shape, wearing a t-shirt and sweats.

You cascade down the stairs, walking into the kitchen where Petunia is decorating a fruit cake.

"Hes in there. Vernon!" She says, too focysed on her cake to care about either of you. You walk into the living room, where the obtuse Vernon and his equally large son, Dudley, are in tuxes. Vernon looks to you and Harry as he fixes his sons tie.

"I'm warning you, if you cant get that bloody bird under control it'll have to go." Vernon says, looking at Harry. Of course Hedwig made noise! The white owl is trapped in the cage all summer!

"But shes bored! If we could only let her out for an hour or two-"

"So you could send messages to your freaky little friends? Nu-uh!" Vernon says, to which you gaze at the floor.

"We haven't had any messages from our friends...not one..." You say, wishing that someone had sent you or Harry a letter. You'd promised Malfoy you would write, but Vernon wouldnt allow it. And besides, he hadnt sent you anything either.

"Who would want to be friends with you two?" Dudley says hautily, glaring at you and your 'brother'. Harry was almost that, simply not your blood sibling. But your parents were close, and you had lived here together as slaves to the Dursleys.

"I should think you’d be a little more grateful. We’ve raised you since you were babies, given you the food off our table, even let you have Dudley’s second and third bedrooms, purely out of the goodness of our hearts." You roll your eyes, knowing every bit of that was a lie.

"Not now, Bopkins." Petunia chides, looking at Vernon as she rushes into the living room with her frilly pink dress. "For when the Masons arrive..."

"Which should be any minute now!" Vernon goes over the places for everyone to be at, then gets to you and Harry. "And where will the two of you be?"

"Ill be in my room, making no noise." Harry says, glancing at the floor. Vernon looks to you expectantly, and you cross your arms.

"And Ill be in my room, not doing this." Your leathery wings sprout from your back, the same with ebony horns from your head as your fingers turn to claws and your eyes become slit dots of yellow. You give them a fanged smile, and they all scream.

"To your rooms, now!" You giggle, letting yourself become a human once more. The blood that runs in your veins is part dragon yes, but youve learnt to control your transformations over the summer. Still, it did get out of hand sometimes when you were furious. As you shut the door, you hear Petunia whimper.

"Evil demoness that one!" You sit on your bed, but as you do, your door is thrown open by Harry. He grabs your arm, dragging you to his room with no furthur explanation.

"Oh." You say, realizing what he needed as you see an elf dressed in a sack jumping on his bed. His long pointed nose extends from his tanned, frail face, his skin clinging to his bones as he is obviously malnourished.