Blessed Time Of Peace and Love

"I now pronounce you husband and wife," the priest said. "You may kiss your bride." Marius swept Cosette up into a kiss. The entire church roared with applause.

Enjolras smiled and clapped. Courfeyrac let out a loud wolf howl and the Amis laughed. Marius had chosen all of the Amis as his groomsmen, Courfeyrac as the best man.

The newly married couple walked down the aisle together. The bride's maids followed after them and then Marius' rowdy bunch of groomsmen. Enjolras was the last of them.

But then he stopped. He moved out of the way and waited until the church emptied. He walked over to some candles and lit five of them.

Bahorel.

Jehan.

Eponine.

Gavroche.

Bossuet.

"I miss you guys," he whispered. "It's been nearly a year since June...I know you're probably watching right now. Bahorel, you're probably making some lame jokes about how stupid Marius' hair looked. Jehan, you're probably gushing over Cosette's bouquet. Eponine...I know I don't notice a lot of things but I know how you felt about him. I'm sure you wish you were in her shoes. Gav, I've seen the cake and I know that you would've gotten into it by now. Bossuet, you probably would've destroyed the reception set up but you'd have a laugh about it anyway."

He laughed, half heartedly, wiping away a tear that had fallen down his cheek.

"Wish you guys were here," Enjolras said. He turned around and saw Grantaire standing, watching him. "Hey. You scared me."

"Sorry," R said. "Courf sent me in here when he saw you disappear. It seems you got our friends spot on. Even Eponine and you never spoke to her."

"Wish I had," Enjolras said, quietly. "Wish I knew all of them better. Are we headed to the reception?" Grantaire nodded. They left the church and got into one of the many shuttles that would take them to the Corinthe. Courfeyrac, Combeferre and Combeferre's new fiancée, Gemma were in the shuttle too.

"You missed it, E, we were throwing rice at Marius," Courfeyrac said with a smile.

"More like chucking rice at him," Gemma said. Courfeyrac shrugged. "I thought he was going to cry."

"You mistake sweat for tears," Courfeyrac said. "Sweat because he's realized he made a mistake. Getting cold feet about your wedding yet, Combeferre?"

"Nope," Combeferre said. He looked down at Gemma and leaned down to kiss her. Courfeyrac made a grossed out noise.

"New subject," Courfeyrac said. He looked at Enjolras. Now he was the target. "How's school? This is your last year in law school right?"

"Yeah," Enjolras said. "I'm relieved to be honest. I've been anxious to start working. You know, not just being supported by Dr. Combeferre over there. When I pass the bar, I'm hoping to move out."

"Why? Gemma and I would be happy to have you around, Enjolras," Combeferre said.

"I'm not going to babysit your kids once that time comes," Enjolras said. "I'm hoping to have a life of my own."

"Actually..." Combeferre said, talking Gemma's hand. "It's funny you mention kids..."

"No...no!" Courfeyrac exclaimed. Gemma nodded. "Oh my God! Oh my God! Congratulations, brother!"

"What?" Enjolras asked. "What? What did I miss?" Everyone looked at him, strangely.

"Enjolras, Gemma's pregnant," Combeferre said. "We weren't going to say anything until after the wedding but I thought you guys should be the first to know. We're thinking, if it's a boy, to name him Gabriel Sebastien." Both Enjolras and Courfeyrac smiled.