September Ends

Summer with the Courfeyrac's had been what Enjolras expected. Insane yet slightly enjoyable. Courfeyrac had taken after his father when it came to being a party animal. They'd gone water skiing more times than Enjolras could count. But, of course, he ended up chipping his tooth when a skii had floated right into his mouth. It seemed he had worse luck than Bossuet.

They returned to Paris--Enjolras' tooth repaired, thanks to the courtesy of Mme. de Courfeyrac's wallet--a week before school had been set to begin. They had gotten their final marks halfway through the summer. Surprisingly, they had both just managed to pass.

Enjolras' scholarship was still intact...unfortunately.

Courfeyrac had finally had the balls to return to his flat so Enjolras was alone until Combeferre got back from vacation, which wasn't neccessarily a bad thing. He could catch up on a lot of things such as...okay, he was bored out of his mind.

When Combeferre walked through the door the Saturday before school began, Enjolras nearly hugged the life out of the man.

"Nice to see you too...Enjolras?" Combeferre said, still holding his suitcase in his hand.

"Don't ever let Courfeyrac take me away again, okay?" Enjolras begged. Combeferre laughed and patted Enjolras on the back. After he finally let go, he helped Combeferre unpack his new car. "No more running to the university, then."

"Ah, so you did pass," Combeferre said as he threw a suitcase onto his bed. "What did I tell you?" Enjolras smirked. "Oh, and by the way, you aren't using my car."

"Why not?"

"First of all, you don't have a liscence," Combeferre said. "Second of all, why don't you have a liscence? Oh yes, because you crashed your father's two million euro convertible into a tree because you wanted to piss him off."

"Well, it worked," Enjolras said. "Even if it did cost me a broken arm."

"So, Courfeyrac moved back into his apartment?"

"Thank The Lord," Enjolras said with a sigh. He sat on his bed and watched Combeferre unpack. "I think if I have to spend another hour with him I might actually kill him."

"You're lucky you didn't go to summer camp with him and had him sleeping on the bunk under you," 'Ferre said.

"Oh no, it was worse," Enjolras said. "When we went skiing, his dad let him drive the boat."

"Oh...you win," Combeferre said. "Speaking of fathers, have you heard from yours?"

"Nope," Enjolras said. "The M. Enjolras radar has been silent."

"And that's a...good thing?"

"No...yes...I don't know," Enjolras said. "I mean...I want it to be...a good thing but...I don't know."

"Do you miss them?"

"I miss my Mom," Enjolras muttered.

"Me, too," 'Ferre sighed. Enjolras looked up at him, glaring. Combeferre blushed hard."I mean...I didn't mean...what I meant to say was--"

"Is everyone back in Paris?" Enjolras asked.

"You mean Les Amis de L'ABC?" Combeferre asked with a smirk.

"Yes. Les Amis," Enjolras said. "And Pontmercy." Combeferre opened his mouth to say something. "I refuse to have Pontmercy as an official member. Don't argue with me, you know how annoying he is." Combeferre closed his mouth and didn't say a word. "Good choice, my friend. I'll text everyone and let them know we'll have a meeting tomorrow night."