Chapter 8: My Body Fails

(A/N Hello my lovelies! Just for those of you who are wondering, no, this is not the end of the story. It just seems like it's all over... Anyway, here's Chapter 8! ~Killian)

I was continuously wiping tears from my face as I silently sobbed to myself. The guy sitting next to me must have thought I was an emotional wreck! Well, he can't talk. He's been writing something down for the last two hours, and he has to use his eraser every two seconds, and that violently shakes the table on the back of the seats EVERY SINGLE TIME!

At one point, he almost shook it so much that my soda spilled all over me. Luckily, my ninja reflex skills caught it before it completely soiled me. I quickly asked the flight attendant to take my drink away. I would not have this lunatic smear the writing all over my leg cast!

This writing was too important to me.

*************************************

Three hours earlier...

"Alright. My plane's boarding. I have to leave now." My family left to stand in line as I turned to bid Dani a farewell.

Her face was just as stained with tears as mine. We both tried to smile through it, but it was too difficult. Without saying a word, we threw ourselves at each other into each other's embrace. I squeezed her tight, secretly hoping I would never have to let go.

Dani had become my sister. My family. My best friend.

We had already said our goodbyes back at her apartment. We knew if we said it at the airport, we would break in the middle of the waiting area. Plus, the paps are hot on Dani's trail; so we had to sneak away. I was leaving the boys and Dani, so there was no need for millions of girls to follow me on Twitter hoping to meet the boys through some girl that was spotted once with them.

We slowly and unwillingly released each other from our tight grips. I held both her hands in mine, and we just looked at each other, silently telling one another how much we love each other and don't want to leave.

She smiled sadly at me and gave my shoulder a slight squeeze. I half smiled back at her to lighten the mood. I opened my mouth to say something, but there was nothing left to say. So, Dani spoke for me.

"Can I write something on you cast?" I nodded. She had already signed her name just like the boys had done back when I first got my new cast. She pulled a purple sharpie from her purse and knelt down to write.

It took her a little bit to write the whole thing down before she stood back up. I didn't even read it, because Mom was calling me to board. I looked back at her once more, and she said, "Every time you miss it, look at your cast. Remember it. Reminisce in it. Smile. Promise me?"

"I promise." I mumbled and sniffed a little bit. I gave her one final quick hug before leaving. I haded the lady my ticket and began walking. Just before I rounded the bend to board, I glanced back. She was still there. Smiling and crying. I gave a weak wave and mouthed a goodbye. And with that. I stepped on to the plane.

Later, after the luggage had been stored and seat belts were buckled, I stared out my window at the airport until it was lost amongst the clouds. I had gotten the odd ball seat with a stranger sitting next to me. He seemed to be doing some work, so I knew he would be a bother to have the entire eight hour flight.

I slumped back in my seat and sighed. I was sad that part of my life was over. Dani, Liam, Louis, Zayn, Niall, and Harry. All gone. I honestly didn't know how I would survive without them with me. I had grown accustomed to them being in my life. Now, they're whisked away.