Chapter 7: Before You Leave Me Today

(A/N Hello lovelies! Sorry it's been forever! My cousin was over all last week so I was spending time with him. But, I'm back! This is dedicated to @shilkey1 because she's a soccer player and soccer players are just awesome! Anyway, here's chapter 7... ~Killian)

**************************************************************

"Alright, do you have everything, lovely?" I glanced around the hospital room one last time to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. I did not want to come back here any time soon.

"Yep! I think that's everything!" I was leaving. Finally. My old leg cage - *ehem - I mean cast has been switched out for a smaller one. I now have crutches to aid my walking. I used to think crutches were cool. Whenever one of my friends had them, I would steal them and play around with them. But, now that I actually have to rely on them, they suck.

My hands cramped from clutching the handles for so long; and my armpits became sore after a while, so I would have to stop and take a break for a second.

Plus, they were slow as hell! You couldn't break five miles an hour with those pieces of crap. But, I had been practicing in the hospital, so I got the hang of them.

"Alright, lovely. Time to go." It was time to leave. I would pack my things today, and be on the morning flight tomorrow. I'm going home. No, I'm going back to Chicago. Here is my home. The dance studio is my home. Well, I guess I can have two homes.

I saw Patricia tear up just as I was about to leave. "Aw! Patricia, don't cry! You're gonna make me cry!" I gave her an uncomfortable hug, because my crutches were in the way. She squeezed back and whined a little.

"Oh, Lucy! You stay strong, lovely! You stay strong!"

My vision blurred with tears, but I refused to let them fall. I would never cry over something I cannot change again. "I will, Patricia. I will. You keep saving lives, okay?"

"Okay. I hope you have a wonderful life. I have a feeling you're going to be a one in a million."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know." Her eyes glazed over like she was pondering something. "Just, I know you're going to defy the odds, and do something extraordinary."

I grinned at her. I hoped she was right. "Bye, Patricia."

"Bye, Lucy." I picked up my bag and threw it over my shoulder underneath my crutches. "You better hurry if you wana send the boys off."

"Oh, shoot! I almost forgot!" I checked the clock, the boys left in an hour. I'd have just enough time to get there before they board. "I better get going, then."

I ran, or well, I hobbled, as fast as I could out of the room and down the hall. I heard Patricia yell behind me, "Remember, one in a million!"

I smiled reminiscently as I left the hospital to find my mom so she could drive me to the airport. I would be back there tomorrow for my flight. Then, I would be leaving England for (what I thought was) the last time.

********************************************************

The airport was bustling with people from all over the world. I would have just shoved through the crowd, and told everyone to get outta my way. But, unfortunately, whacking people with my crutches is frowned upon here in England.

I scurried to find the sign that held the locations of the gates. I had to find the one that was flying to Australia. That's where the boys are starting their tour. Dani told me they'd be gone for almost five months. Well, they'd be gone forever for me.