Chapters 281-290

Chapter 281: Seeing Wealth Provokes Evil Designs

A group of six martial practitioners appeared from the dense aquatic greenery in front of them. The six conversed openly, having no idea that Qin Lie and Song Tingyu were closing in on them.

“This area is pretty far from the center of combat. The evil races would not send their men to this place, would they? What’s there to check?” a frank voice exclaimed.

“Yeah, it’s a complete waste of time to come here and investigate,” a woman agreed.

“My master said that the lower level’s tornado passed through this place, and he’s worried that the evil race clansmen might have been sent here. That’s why he asked us to come over and have a look. Hmm, we’ll just circle the area randomly, that’s all. There’s no need to worry too much.”

“…”

The six spoke amongst themselves and roamed everywhere within the gloom. From time to time, they would talk about the surroundings, appearing rather relaxed.

Qin Lie glanced at Song Tingyu beside him with a questioning gaze.

Both of them were hidden within a bush of aquatic plants, carefully obscuring their bodies while observing the group from afar. She lowered her voice and said, “Some of them are from Blue Feather Association and the rest seem to be from Purple Mist Sea. Their Realms can’t be considered high. Four of them are in the early stage of the Manifestation Realm, one is in the middle stage of the Manifestation Realm, and there’s even one in the Natal Opening Realm…”

Qin Lie watched attentively and quickly identified the realms of the six with her guidance.

“Blue Feather Association and Purple Mist Sea are both subordinate Black Iron forces of Eight Extreme Temple. After the evil nether passageway opened, Dark Asura Hall, Seven Fiends Valley, Dark Shadow Tower, and other forces who are subordinate to us evacuated the Nether Battlefield to fight around the evil nether passageway,” Song Tingyu explained softly. “Therefore, the martial practitioners who currently operate in the Nether Battlefield are all from Eight Extreme Temple and their subordinate forces. Eight Extreme Temple isn’t too friendly with Profound Heaven Alliance, so the both of us will have to be a little more careful.”

Qin Lie nodded quietly, indicating that he understood.

“Let me deal with this.” Song Tingyu took out a thin, flesh-colored mask and carefully pressed it onto her beautiful face. The moment she put on the delicate mask, her extraordinarily beautiful face was covered.

Qin Lie turned around and realized that the jade white skin color on her face had become lightless and dim. Her nose, her red lips, her cheeks, and the rest of her face were transformed, each the to a specific degree… into a normal looking face.

She took out a copper mirror and, after carefully checking and seeing no obvious flaws, smiled at Qin Lie . She said, “There’s no other way. I am too famous in the Scarlet Tide Continent. Many people will recognize me on the spot. If I walked out without a disguise, anyone would know who I am.”

“Mn, I can see that,” Qin Lie said indifferently.

Song Tingyu’s exquisite beauty was unique. Almost no one would forget her if they saw her even once.

She also frequented Eight Extreme Temple and participated in many grand meetings between Profound Heaven Alliance and Eight Extreme Temple. Therefore, there were many people who could recognize her. In order to avoid unnecessary trouble, it was a good idea to disguise herself for a while.

“Cough cough…”

After confirming that she had not missed anything else, Song Tingyu then coughed softly and willingly exposed her position to the other party.