Chapters 31-40

Chapter 31: Power Revealed!

A wisp of mind energy slowly entered into the spirit artifact, allowing Qin Lie to clearly see a simple and unrefined spirit diagram; it was "Spirit Gathering"!

Compared to the "Spirit Gathering" diagram Qin Lie was familiar with, it was like the difference between heaven and earth. Regardless of whether it was the spirit diagram's precision, complexity, or size, they were all much too inferior!

Originally, in order to remember the "Spirit Gathering" diagram within the Soul Suppressing Orb, Qin Lie had spent a lot of effort in a bitter attempt to study it. Thus, he had a very profound understanding of "Spirit Gathering" diagrams and was almost able to instantly recognize the spirit diagram within the short spear.

The spirit diagram within the short spear was only a small part of the "Spirit Gathering" diagram that he was familiar with. It probably wasn't even a tenth of the size of the "Spirit Gathering" diagram within the Soul Suppressing Orb. Moreover, the precision and connections of the inscription were poor, making it unable to fully utilize the the effects of a "Spirit Gathering" diagram.

A weird look appeared in Qin Lie's eyes as an idea unconsciously emerged in his mind: If this can be considered a spirit artifact, then what would happen if I were to inscribe that extremely complex true 'Spirit Gathering' diagram into it?

"Crackle crackle crackle!"

He didn't have time to think any longer as an electric current suddenly rippled around the short spear.

After he infused his spirit energy, the short spear began to flicker with lightning, as if it had suddenly absorbed and trapped a stream of lightning, and also bathed him in light.

"Hm? This is also possible?" silently exclaimed Qin Lie, immediately feeling around inwardly.

He discovered that when his berserking thunder and lightning energy were infused into the incomplete, simplistic, and crude "Spirit Gathering" diagram and circulated within, they would release the special characteristics within the spirit materials of the spirit artifact itself. Thus, the short spear became sharper and the spirit energy became slightly upgraded.

He immediately understood that even the simpler spirit diagrams could also be used to increase the power of the practitioner; this was true as long as they were able to draw out the innate characteristics of the spirit materials used in refining the spirit artifact!

"Qin Lie! Don't come over!"

Ling Feng shouted, shaking the Firecloud Hammer in his hands and condensed cluster after cluster of fire clouds, which greatly raised the temperature. It was as if Feng Yun's body had been encircled by red lanterns.

Feng Lun, who was similarly at the seventh level of the Refinement Realm, wielded a double-edged axe. As it hacked and chopped, halo after halo of green light condensed.

Sometimes, the double bit axe would draw a circle, surprisingly forming a beautiful green wing of light. Not only could the green wing of light block the fire cloud clusters, it also forced Ling Feng to retreat after diffusing them.

Clearly, the green wing of light could not only defend, but also attack!

"Ling Feng, we are both very familiar with each other. Your Firecloud Hammer is a Grade Two spirit artifact whereas my Green Wing Axe is Grade Three! Our cultivation levels are the same, as is our spirit energy. However, my spirit artifact is better, and thus you cannot beat me," Feng Lun chuckled, swinging the Green Wing Axe and forming another beautiful feathered wing, routing out the fire clouds.

They were martial practitioners of the same cultivation level, with their spirit energy effectively the same as well, which meant whoever had the higher quality spirit artifact held the advantage.