Chapter 6 - Leon

6-Leon      

2nd Augut 2015 - 12:00am

 The commander had got through several other cadets who had failed their exam, in which five had been shot and of whom three had been sent to the cancellation room where they would soon be gassed to death. Only one person had been let free to have one more chance and there were now only three people remaining, including myself.

          I knew the girl – Mara – who sat to my right and I knew the boy – Jemaine – who sat to my left. From my experience of training with them, I knew that they were a lot better at training than I was and that if anyone had the chance of being allowed to live and train one more time, it would be them.

          “Leon let’s talk about your assessment” The commander said, looking at me.

          “So, you managed to put together all five gunsnhowever you forgot to load one of them, leaving you with only four loaded guns, correct?” The commander asked. I wanted to scream out that I never forgot but I knew that I would get shot right here if I corrected what the commander was saying.

          “Yes sir” I replied.

          “And you managed to shoot four targets but failed to shoot the last target?” He asked.

          “Yes sir” I replied.

          “Let’s talk about where you shot it,” The commander said, “Would you care to explain?”

          “Majorit of my bullets didn't go directly into the crosses, but they did however come close. Although, four of the bullets which I fired hit the target straight on.” I said.

          “And what happened to your last target?” He asked.

          “I didn't get to shoot it because my gun wasn't loaded and in trying to load it, I wasted time and the buzzer went off before I had the chance to shoot.,” I replied.

          “Do you think you did well?” The commander asked.

          “No sir” I replied and knew that if i had said yes, it would have been taken as me being too cocky about my performance.

          “Do you think I should let you live? Considering the fact that you failed your previous test and you were given a second chance. Then you failed that test again and given a second - second chance. Should you be given a third - second chance to live?” The commander asked.

          “Yes sir, I do believe so. If you’d look at the results of my first test I had last year, you’d see that I had not  even managed to put together all five guns and some of the one’s that I had put together, were incorrect and therefore did not work. That only left me with one working gun, meaning that I only shot one target. Two of the bullets that I fired didn’t hit the target however that one bullet that I fired at the target hit it right in the middle." I said.

        "If you’d now compare this year’s result, you’d see that I managed to put together all five guns as well as load four of them, which is a lot better than before. I also managed to aim and fire at all four taregts.I know that I am improving faster than any other cadets and if you gave me this one chance, I can promise you that I will not fail. If I do fail and end up here again, I will happily accept defeat and I will give you the joy of letting you kill me personally.” I begged.

          “That’s a very strong promise you’re offering there,” the commander said.

          “It is sir, but I mean every word of it, sir” I replied.

          “Who’s your chief?” The commander asked.

          “Agent Annabelle” I replied.

          “Agent Annabelle, stand up” The commander ordered at the group of higher field agents who were sat behind him. Anna stood up, looking a little startled but managed to put a confident expression on her face.

          “Yes sir?” She asked.

          “I’m taking you of higher fields’ agent and you will now just be a regular agent. If Leon here - like he promises – manages to pass his next assessment, then I will give you back your place. However, if he doesn’t, I will make sure that you never get a place as a higher field’s agent again. As well as that, I will order you to kill him right where he sits if he ever enters this room again. Do you understand me?” The commander said.

          “Yes sir” She replied and then she sat back down.

          “Congratulations, you’re safe for one more year, but be warned. If you fail again, I will not give you the pleasure of having an easy death of being suffocated, shot or injected with lethal fluids. I will make sure you’re death is as painful as it gets, for wasting three years of my time. Do you understand?” The commander beckoned.

          “Yes sir” I replied.

          “Good. You may leave now” He said and I stood up and left the room full of relief. I was safe for at least another more year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Haii guys!

Sorry for the late update, i was soooo tired from basketball yesterday.

I think i'll just change the update days to satirdays instead

Please vote, comment and add it to your library

First person to add it to their reading list once this has been paublished - which it has been otherwise you wouldn't be reading it - will get the next chapter dedication.

Thanks again for reading

Cios