chapter 5 - Lara

5-Lara   

2nd August 2015

 I don’t normally wake up until mid afternoon on Sundays but Lauren woke me up early telling me that she was hungry. We were now both sitting down at the kitchen table with slices of toast in front us.

          “Jillian told me to tell you that she took the others out to town and she’ll be back soon” Lauren said to me.

          “What? Why didn’t she wake us up to go with them?” I asked and Lauren shrugged her shoulders.

          “In the mean time, I have something to show you,” She said and she took my hand, leading me towards the living room. She went over to the table and pulled out a draw before turning around and facing me.

          “What is it?” I asked, looking curiously at what was in her hands. Within milliseconds, she quickly threw what was in her hands at me and without thinking I opened up my hands to catch it. Only when I looked at it did I realise what it was. A gun.

          I looked down at the gun then back up to Lauren, puzzled. She had a hint of a smile on her face as if she was satisfied.

          “What the f---” I began, even more puzzled.

          “Congratualtions,” Lauren smiled, “You’ve just commit murder," she smirked.

          “What?” I asked and then looked down at the gun in horror.

          “I said congratulations, you’ve just commit murder,” Lauren repeated.

          “I heard you but I…I don’t get it” I said not sure whether to smile if this was just a stupid prank or not.

          “You just shot somebody with that gun. You’re finger prints are all over it,” She said so casually and I immediately dropped the gun in panic.

          “There’s no point dropping it now, you might as well pick it back up. Your prints and only your prints are on it. Note that I was wearing gloves when I threw it to you,” She said, waving her hands at me with the same smile on her face.

          “Is it even real?” I asked, trying to divert her from seeing how nervous I was feeling.

          “The gun, of course, you can try it out if you want but I used up the last bullets so there's not much point,” Lauren said.

        “But, I don't get it, what are you doing?” I asked, inconsistantly smiling and unsmiling as I wasn't sure whether this was actually happening. “Why are you telling me for I've killed someone?” I asked.

          “Because unfortunately for you, all the evidence points in your direction. You killed her and there’s nothing you can do about it I’m afraid,” Lauren said.

          “Killed who?” I asked with the smile now wiped of my face.

          “Jillian,” Lauren said and she walked over to the couch and gestured for me to see what she was looking at. As I walked over  to where Lauren was, I saw that there on the couch was a floppy Jillian who was slumped over onto her side. As Lauren pulled her body, it rolled over and I noticed the single wound that was surrounded by a pool of blood that drenched her clothes as well as the couch underneath her. I gasped in horror and looked back up at Lauren.

          I slowly began walking back towards the door ready to make a run for it but Lauren brushed past me and made it to the door first. She slammed the door back shut before turning around to look at me. I looked at her straight in the eye and noticed that she didn’t look like the innocent sweet girl I had seen yesterday. This time she had a look of evil in her eye and something made me fear her.

          “Get out of my way” I said and reached past her to the door handle but she harshly grabbed my wrist and moved me away from the door.

          “It’s locked, and it will remain that way until you listen to what I have to say,” Lauren said and then she let go of my wrists.

          I waited for her to believe that I had calmed down before quickly moving back to the door and attempting to pull it open. It didn’t move however, and my heart dropped for the second time.

“Didn’t you understand me the first time? The door is locked” She said, holding up a key for me to see but I blocked out everything she was saying and concentrated on how I was going to get out.

          “Help! Somebody help me! Help!” I screamed at the top of my lungs and repeatedly banged the door but I knew it was no use. I heard Lauren begin chuckling behind me and I turned around, desperatly wanting to high five her face with a knife.

          “I’m not staying here if that’s what you think. You’re a murderer, you murdered Jillian,” I protested.

          “No my dear, “Lauren smiled, “You did.” 

----------------------------------------------------------

Haii guys!

Sorry for the late update, i was tired on Friday as i usually am due to basketball!

I know that it's a short chapter so for an early update this chapter needs to get 10 votes or more, otherwise, the next update will be next Friday.

Please, vote comment and add it to your library.

First person to add it to their reading list will get the next chapter dedication!

Love you all, cios!