chapter 4 - Leon

4-Leon

1st Agust 2015

 I sat in the medical room while the medic prodded and poked my shoulder. He had sterilized my shoulder before taking out the three bullets which had jammed its way in-between my tissue and muscle.

          “You’re muscles have been torn and damaged from where the bullets has ripped through them but nothing major like I’ve seen here before. You should heal within four weeks but make sure not to do too much work with that shoulder.” The doctor explained.

          “How do I sleep at night? Would it not cause me pain if I were to roll onto my side and put pressure onto this shoulder?” I asked.

          “Sleep on the other side and if you were to roll onto your bad shoulder, it’ll obviously hurt and you’ll wake up, so roll back onto your good shoulder again.” The medic said.

          “What if it doesn’t heal within four weeks?” I asked.

          “I’ll check up on you once a fortnight, to check how you're doing. Let me write you up the dates and times of your check ups” He said, walking over to a draw to retrieve a piece of paper before writing on it and handing it to me.

          “Any other questions?” The medic asked me.

          “Do you have some pills to help numb the pain” I asked.

        “Yes I do, but i've been instructed not to give them to you. You'll just have to live through the pain," the medic said.

          “What about this bandage. Don't you need to regularly change it?” I asked.

          “Don’t you know how to bandage up your own shoulder?” The medic asked.

          “Yes sir,” I said.

          “Then when you think it's time to change to change it, change it. I'de tell you to take a bath instead of a shower to avoid the pressure of the water, but you're only aloud showers here, so just be carefull," the medic advised.

          “Okay” I said, getting up from the gurney which was the bed I was sat on. At that moment the door knocked and I knew it was either Commander Lewis or someone sent by him to retrieve me.

          The medic opened the door to find my chief standing outside. She walked in and looked at me and then to my bandaged shoulder.

          “Have you finished with him?” Chief Anna asked the medic.

          “I think so, unless you want to ask me anything else” The medic directed at me.

          “No sir. My questions have all been answered. Thank you” I said and I walked out of the medical room, following my chief.

          “How does it feel? To fail for a second time?” Chief Anna asked.

          “Not too good, sir” I replied.

    “Good, you shouldn’t be” She said. “We’re going to Commander Lewis so that he can make a decision whether to cancel you or not.”

          “Yes sir” I replied.

          We walked down corridors after corridor before coming to a room with double doors. Outside were two agents guarding the door and I guessed that there were more inside. Chief Anna showed an ID card to the guards before entering the room with me following behind. There was a long table in the middle of the room where Commander 0001 sat in the middle. On his right side were Commander Lewis and commander Heather. On his left side were Commander Rachel and Commander Brian.