❇Plans

"Kris!"

An ungodly screech echoed through the halls, followed by a loud bang as the doors to Kris' office were flung open.

"Kris! Kris! Kris! Kris! Kriiiiiiiiiiiiiis!" You bounded through the doorway, quickly closing said doors behind you, and dropping down into one of the cushy seats.

The pink haired female in question looked up you in amusement. "I sense you want to tell me something?"

"Yes!" You declared, slamming your fists down on the desk for emphasis, grinning widely at the girl who, over the years, had become one of your best friends. "Guess what?!"

"What?" She asked, deciding to humour you.

"Valt got into the Japanese Finals!"

"That's great," Kris smiled. "I'm supposing you'd like to go home?

"Can I?" You pleaded, giving her a hopeful look.

Kris frowned. "That depends, how're you holding up?"

You knew perfectly well what she was asking about. A few weeks ago, Free and yourself had been battling at that old stadium, the same one where you had taken him on for the very first time. As time had passed, the two of you were constantly in a struggle to see who was the better Blader. On the very rare occasion that you did come out on top, Free would reclaim his title soon after.

Your rivalry was fierce to say the least, which was why the event that had taken place was so incredibly embarrassing. Had it been a training accident or something similar, it would have been fine, but that wasn't necessarily the case. So caught up in the intensity of your shared training regime, neither you nor Free took note as the sun had set or as the air had cooled. It was only after a urgent phone call with a frantic Kris wondering where the two of you had gotten off to, did you realise it was nearing midnight.

They said shorter people had a greater sense of balance or something like that, you however, were the exception to that rule. Depite having come to know these forests like the back of you hand over the years, it was dark, and you were exhausted from training. So exhasted in fact, that you failed to notice the gnarled root that was in your way.

Your foot had gotten caught beneath it, and you were sent flying. You had twisted to brace yourself for the impact, but as you hit the ground, something had been done to your shoulder. You weren't sure what it was, but at the time it had fucking hurt. Even attempting to get to your feet had rocked your world with pain, almost causing your knees to buckle beneath you. In the end, Free, who felt guilty for not catching you, had needed to carry you back to the dormitiories.

He had lain you down on your bed in a position that didn't put pressure on your injury, and had run off to locate Kris. Shortly after, they had returned with both Trad and a doctor, a kindly older man with dark hair greying at the temples and a rather smart tie, despite the time of night. It took half an hour of suspense and excruciating tests for the verdict to come. You were injured, that much was certain, the solution? Bed rest for the next few days, followed by a short break from Blading.

You gave Kris a reassuring smile. "I'll be fine, it's only a plane ride after all."

Kris hummed thoughtfully, before a small smile graced her features. "Two weeks, that's all I can give you. You might be out of comission but I want you to help with training."

"Yes!" You shouted in triumph, punching the air.

"I'll book you tickets," Kris offered. "So why don't you go start packing?"

"Ma'am yes ma'am," you saluted her seriously, grinning at the eyeroll she gave in return.

"Cheeky brat."

"You love me."

Kris let out a long suffering sigh, you decided not to point out the smile that was tugging at the edge of her lips.

More of a filler chapter than anything, but I hope you enjoyed!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Do NOT skip the next update, it is important!

On a side note, have you ever been hit in the leg with a soccer ball so hard that there is still an imprint of the ball's design on your skin hours later?

It happened to me today and I would not recommend it, as I now have a partial hexagon imprinted on my fricken leg.

~xx Avanni Cinders