Jasper

Edited by ElAmarLaurLeh3 and Tamaraaledwan

For Tamaraaledwan
Who inspired me to write this story
_______________

  The heat of fire slapped my face. The air around me was burning as I panted.

   Where am I?

   Finally the flames dimmed down and bright light shone in front of me. I averted my eyes and when I looked back I saw a man. However, this man was absolutely the definition of unrealism. His eyes were replaced with live yellow flames and his hair kept morphing between real fire and spiky brown hair. Flames thrived as he opened his hands toward me. Jewelry glinted and reflected the beams of light as he walked towards me.

"A war is coming, child of Sierra."  He finally spoke when he stopped in front of me. War? What does he mean by war?

"You will hold the third piece. You must follow the blue eyes and finish the prophecy." My lungs were burning and my head was pounding. Every word he spoke didn't make any sense. I collapsed on to my knees, coughing. My eyes were stinging with pain as the smoke in the air suffocated my screaming lungs.

A small smirk tugged at the man's lips, "Don't worry, LeVane, your secret will be safe with me. As long as you make sure nothing happens to him."

"What do you mean?" I managed to croak between my coughing fits. His eyes blazed brightly and I averted my eyes as quickly as I could. "You will protect him!"

"Okay, okay I will!" I said with haste. This dude was serious. The fire around us calmed down a little and I finally managed to breath once again. "Glad we could come to an agreement. War is coming, follow her blue eyes and finish the prophecy." With that said everything descended into darkness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"....Jasper.....Jasper...." a soft voice hummed through my skull.

I lifted my eyelids and there stood a blurry figure of 13 year old boy. His golden amber eyes were studying me with a concern shimmering in them.

Finally my vision came to focus and saw the eyes belonged to Hearth.

He took a step back with a little smile plastered on his face. "Sorry. I just found you here asleep and I had to wake you." I groaned and say up correctly in my chair.

The man's voice was still ringing in my head.

Who was he? What did he mean by my secret? And who was he talking about?

"Jasper, are you okay? You look really irritated." Hearth's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I guess I will have to think about...whatever that man was talking about later.

I blinked and rubbed my eyes, "Just one of those stupid headaches." Which wasn't a lie.

He nodded with a frown, "Those meanies aren't leaving you yet?"

I shook my head and resisted a chuckle. Hearth's choice of words were always moreover on the silly side until you start pretty much bullying him about it. Then things won't be pretty.

Then the obvious hit me. "Wait, dude, what are doing in Room 109?"

He stared at me blankly, "School ended 10 minutes ago. When I didn't see you in the bus plaza I became worried and had to check if you were still here."

A small smile tugged at my lips, "Okay kid, let's go to the bus before it leaves us in the dust." He grinned and handed me

He grinned and handed me my backpack. My mouth gaped for a second, "How did-",

He rolled his eyes, "You left your locker unlocked, silly. C'mon as you said, let's not be late."
I slipped my arms through the straps of the backpack. When I looked up again, there was Hearth, grinning, his back to the door.

"Hasta luego mi amigo~" he sang out before slipping out the room.

I hastily made my way out of the classroom and instead of finding Hearth on the steps of our exit, I found him staring into the window with the look of pure shock. I looked up to see what he was staring at and I wished I'd never had.

______________________________________
Well, finished chapter one.

Hoped you liked it and yes I will make this into a series! Anyway have a wonderful day!

~iiDepression_xX