Larry and Tom- my new friends. Not.

I was questioned and searched, and god only knows what. Technically I didn't exist since I didn't have a birth certificate, a last name, or anything else. So that delayed everything. I learned that they got Axel before they could do anything to him, so that was good. Right now I was in an interrogation room, alone, waiting for a police officer to come and ask me more questions that I can't answer, about myself, or about the circus. 

The door slammed open and in walked a tall officer/detective with dark hair. He was rather lanky and wore a gun strap across his chest.

"You wouldn't talk to any of the other detectives, so I'm here, or should I just declare you as a mute?" I thought about his statement, should I be mute? the mimes were, and it didn't turn out very well for them...

"No! That wasn't an offer! No, you cannot be mute!" he must have noticed me dozing off in thought.

"Why can't I be?" I asked, squinting my eyes.

"Because you just talked." He stopped pacing and just sat in the metal chair across from me.

"You are one of the few minors we got, and your the only girl, so there's something unique about you," he said it more to himself than me, but I still heard it.

"Please, go on." I sat back in the chair and folded my arms across my chest. Meanwhile, he seemed to wake up from his daze.

"Why were you chained to the leaders trailer?" He didn't know? It always seemed that everyone knew I was the masters property, so why didn't he?

"You don't know much about our circus do you?"

"I asked you a question first."

"I'm not gonna answer it." I told him, rather bluntly.

Just then, another man walked in, but he had blonde hair and glasses, he looked to be in his late 30's.

"Look, little girl, this is a psychologist, and he can tell me if you're lying, so I suggest you answer truthfully. " he came and slumped down next to the detective.

"Okay, so let's start," he opened his notebook. "What's your name?"

"Enceladus."

"Ha ha, very funny, now what's really your name?" He was obviously getting agitated, while the other man squinted his eyes at me.

"She's telling the truth." he said, which earned a shocked face from the detective.

"Now what's your guys's names?" the detective snorted than simply said "Larry" and the psychologist said "Tom"

"If I may, Why Enceladus, that's not even a name," 'Tom' said. I scowled at him.

"Well it's better than 'Tom'!" I snapped. Then we just started to bicker, and out of my experience with the circus folk, it meant soon we would fight. I still sat, but my mind was prepared for when he would lunge at me.

Except he didn't.

"Shut up you two!" Larry shouted. "Now, Enceladus, there are scars covering more than 15% of your body, can you explain those?" Woah. I knew I had lots, but 15%!

"Um..." they both leaned in expectantly, but I took it as a threat and jumped to my feet. There was a long silence as we both just stared at each other.

"Larry, can I talk to you in the hall?" asked Tom. Larry just grunted and they got up and left.

-Larry's POV- (the detective)

"She's not normal. " Said Tom.

"I got that, as she doesn't seem to exist as a person and was chained to a trailer in the pouring rain." I said sarcastically.

"No, I mean, she's obviously not a child anymore, she's been through a lot, just look at her! She thought we were going to attack her!"

"Fine! But it's late, can't we just drop her off at an orphanage and continue this in the morning?" I whined.

"Yeah, I guess, but not just any orphanage, she could be dangerous. "

-Enceladus's POV-

I groaned aloud as I read the sign to the building we pulled up by.

"Something wrong?" Tom asked.

"It's nothing, I just never liked these places."

It was a tall brick building with 'Rosa's boarding house for damaged children'.

"And scarred children? Could they be any more blunt, no scratch that, Could you be any more blunt?" They just chuckled and admitted me.

Yay, a night alone on an uncomfortable bunk bed with unhappy children surrounding me. What an adventure!

(Note the sarcasm)