Sandy and Liam

Nyan :3 Here's your one-shot! Tell me if this is not what you want, I'll re-write it! :D

*

"I like you, Sandy. Will you be mine?" Another guy came to confess his love to me but I rejected him nicely. His name was Carter. He's smart, a jock and perfect for any dreamy girl. But I just can't accept him. I love someone else.

"Sorry Carter, but I-" I trailed off.

"I understand. I already knew what you were going to say anyway. But still, I confessed my love to you just so you'd know how I feel." He smiled. I smiled back. Then that was it, he walked away without any further words uttered.

I strode to where Liam was waiting for me. You see, Liam fetches me every day. My mom and I made an agreement that I go home late as long as Liam's with me. When I stepped out of the room, I was surprised when I saw him leaning on the doorway.

"Who was that?" he asked.

"Did you hear the whole thing?"

"Who was that?" He simply ignored my question. He straightened his stance and walked towards me.

"Some suitor of mine. Anyway, why were you eavesdropping?" I stuttered but still demanding for an answer. I crossed my arms.

"Well, it's a good thing I did. If that guy hadn't seen me walking towards here, he should've already done things to you." He said that as if he could foretell the future events in my life. What is he anyway? My guardian?!

"What are you saying? Carter's a nice guy. He won't hurt me." I felt blood rush up my cheeks. I'm not sure if this anger or I am simply blushing because Liam's getting closer.

"He would have if he hadn't known I was here looking out for you." He argued, staring at me directly in the eye. I can look out for myself, I thought.

"What-" Liam cut me off.

"Trust me, I'm expert at pointing out guys like him. He had those eyes like he was going to devour you the minute I take my eyes off of you." He stated, gesturing his hand for symbols.

"Why are you like this, anyway? You don't even care for me!" I snapped, clenching my fists. Then I realized that I tried to raise my voice so Liam wouldn't notice the blush that was forming.

"Because I'm your babysitter."

He has a point though. But I wouldn't call it babysitting since Liam's my best friend.

"If that's the case, I'm firing you." His mouth twitched into a smirk.

"You can't do that. Your mom's the only one who could fire me."

I groaned loudly and stormed off the room. Liam followed me behind. I began to run but Liam was gaining on me. He ceased me from my marathon when he grabbed me by the shoulder and pushed me on a wall gently. "Sandy, listen to me!"

"Let me go! Why are you like this?"

"Because I care for you, okay? I like you."

Were my ears deceiving me or did I hear it correctly?

As if reading my mind, Liam replied, "You heard it right. I care for you not as a brother-sister type but more than that. I want more."

I can't take all of this in. Sure, I like Liam but not in that sorta way, I guess.

Sure, I like it when he always get so protective of me when guys come near me. And the fact that I blush when he's close to me and when I feel so safe beside him are just normal for a teenage girl like me, right?

I stared at Liam's brown eyes as I contemplate carefully what to say next.

Seconds later, I blushed.

Shit.

"I like you too." I bit my lip.

Forget what I just said because that was before. I realized that my feelings for him had grown now.

He cheekily grinned at me as he leaned closer, gently placing a soft kiss on my lips.