Chapter 10, Part 2

Short A/N: Reed the longer A/N at the end of this chapter please

CONAN'S P.O.V. (what, did you think I would pick up exactly where I left off?)

  I sighed slightly as I watched Gavin storm out of the precinct. 

     "Wow, what did you do to him?" Colton said, leaning back in his chair. 

   "I don't know..." I trailed off. Then, I heard Gavin yell, "What do you want, you man-bun bitch?" I started to gather my things, as my shift was over too. Dad put a hand on my shoulder.

   "You should probably stay with us until our shifts end." I nodded, and pulled my chair up to  Colin's desk. He and Colton had been hired to our precinct. Kamski had been furious that his RK800's had been so severely mistreated, but he was proud of me for rescuing them. He invited me over later tonight for some special updates. It's not what you're thinking! But I digress. It was currently five-thirty, and he invited me to come over at 6:45.   

     I helped the twins finish up a few details of their latest case, and then their shift was over. Connor and Dad finished minutes after. We all piled into the car. Having the bulkiest android in the back seat squeezed between two smaller androids was not the most advisable decision, but Dad was very firm on his "Oldest gets the front seat" rule. It wasn't a problem for me when it was only me and Connor. But with two new older brothers, it was less than comfortable in the backseat of Dad's old car. 

       "Hank," Colin said, breaking the warm silence between all of us, "Do you ever think about buying a larger car?" 

    "Nah, not really. I like this old beast, even though she may be a little small." Dad patted the steering wheel lovingly. 

    "Are you ever going to let me drive?" Colton asked excitedly. 

   "Maybe someday. Last time I let one of my sons drive, there was a dent bigger than his head in the hood." 

    "That was one time!" Connor whined. "How was I supposed to know there was a tree there?  

    "You would have known there was a tree there if you had been looking at what was in front of your face instead of checking out that guys walking his dog on the side of the road!" Connor's face lit up electric blue. 

   "I was not checking him out," he muttered, " I was looking at his dog." 

    "Uh huh, yeah, sure." We arrived at home, and Connor's blush still hadn't dissipated. 

     "I'm bored!" Colton called after 10 minutes, flopping down over the back of the couch. 

     "Ooh! There's something that I like to do, but Dad hates it." Connor replied, his cheeks and ears still brushed with blue. Connor summoned the Roomba.

    "Oh RA9, Connor. Please not this again." Connor grinned wildly as he perched himself atop the Roomba, and activated it. Colton watched avidly as Connor rode proudly across the living room and kitchen. Colin sighed and turned on the T.V. doing his best to ignore Connor. He rode the Roomba seemingly indomitable for ten whole minutes before Dad emerged from the basement. I perked up, knowing something god was going to happen. 

     "Connor!" He snapped, "Get off my damn Roomba!" The sudden yelling startled Connor. He fell right off the Roomba, and face first into Sumo's bowl of dog chow. 

"That's what you get," Dad grumbled as Connor wiped the dog food off of his face.  

   "Dad, can I borrow the car? Kamski informed me that he had some updates for me that he needs to install personally." He handed me the keys without even looking.