Chapter 2

I whipped my arm backwards, avoiding his grip. I moved so quickly and with such strength, I plunged my elbow right through the glass of Fowler's office. The glass quickly and easily dug into my bare skin, and I suppressed a scream. The plastic prick calmly pulled my arm out of the broken window, digging more pieces of glass into my arm.

"It seems you have broken the window, we must get it replaced immediately." Fowler laughed loudly, and slapped his knees.

"You'll have tons of fun with this one, Reed, he's a deviant."

"Come on!" I yelled defiantly at him. "First you have to assign me a phcking oversized trash can, and he's not even obedient? Give me a break!" Fowler chuckled again as the repurposed dishwasher looked back to him.

"I am taking Detective Reed home to care for his injuries. He will need two days off afterwards to compensate." Fowler waved us off, and the aggressive refrigerator secured his grip around my upper arm. He pulled me out of the Captain's office.

Connor giggled at the plastic prick, making eye contact with him. Both the metal idiot's and Connor's LED turned red, and Connor giggled again as the light blue returned to the fancy Roomba's cheeks. I quickly ripped my arm away from his grip, the wound throbbing fiercely in pain.

"What the phck was that for?"

"I was applying pressure to the wound, so you don't bleed out," he said coldy. He looked down at me. "Although I guess I'd rather you bleed to death." I gave a (fake) hurt look to the android, and tried to cross my arms, but the glass burrowed further into my arm, causing another scream to build at the back of my throat. He collected my things from my desk, holding them in his thicc arms. 

"Hey, toaster. You've known me for five minutes. I could be a pretty cool guy if you give me the chance." I winked at him, but he only scoffed and maneuvered quickly through the crowded building, to the parking complex. I tried to move as fast as him, but the pain in my arm was dizzying. I stumbled after him before he stopped. 

  "Where's your car?" He asked, no emotion in his voice. I weakly pointed to my old, rusty blue 2021 Honda Civic. The plastic prick got in the driver's side. 

   "Hey, what are you doing?!" I protested loudly. He pointed to my arm, which was still bleeding.

"You are in no condition to drive, Detective. So I must." 

  "Hell no! No way I'm getting in the car with a phcking useless bot like you! I'd rather walk home!" I spat at him, turning away from the car and marching in the opposite direction. The overzealous fruit juicer got out of my car. He caught up to me quicker than I anticipated. 

 "Get in the car, Detective." 

  "No." He grabbed the back of my shirt, lifting me off of the ground and up to his eye level.

"Get in the car, Detective," he spat at me again, his calm blue eyes frozen into an icy gray.

"Geez, tin can, if you're that passionate about getting me into the car, don't you think you should take me out to dinner first?" I finger gunned him, and he winked at me with both eyes before setting me back on the ground.

   "Let's just go, Detective Reed. He climbed back into my old car, the top of his head brushing the top of the interior. I slowly got into the passenger side, where my backpack sat by my feet. My arm leaked a little pus. The tin can examined it, and shook his head. He took the keys out of the side pocket of my bag, and started the car. It roared to life.

"Detective, where is your house?" I told him the address, and he stared into space.

   "What are you doing?" I asked, tapping his LED lightly.

   "I am finding the best route to your place of residence," he explained in a monotone but slightly female voice. This voice was a shock from his typical deep, masculine voice. It sounded familiar...

   "Would you repeat that for me, toaster?" I suppressed a laugh, covering my mouth with my hand.

   "The destination is about 7.4 miles from the Detroit Police Department," he said in the same voice. He pulled out of the parking lot, and I couldn't resist letting out my phcking disgusting laugh. He looked at me in an innocent confusion, as he drove down the broken roads. The look on his face only made me laugh harder.

  "Detective, I fear that you are going into shock due to your injury," he said in his normal voice, speeding up.

   "Bot, did they hook you up with Google Maps?" I wheezed, wiping the tears from my eyes. His LED turned red as he looked at me like I was crazy, which I probably was. He stared into space again.

"I am configured with Global Positioning System abilities."

"They phcking hooked you up with Google maps!" I laughed again, but shorter. I was so self conscious of my disgusting laugh.

   "I guess so!?" He mused, shrugging in distress, dissary, and confusion. He saw my amusement, and chuckled a little.

   "Sorry about my laugh, it's gross, I know."

  "It's actually quite endearing," he muttered, the blue blush back on his face for the third time today.

   "Well, um, okay then," I stuttered, starting out the window. I blushed intensely, and tried to hide it. No one had ever said anything about my laugh. It made me like the plastic prick just a little bit.

   He's an android, I reminded myself. You know, the kind that ruined your life? I mentally slapped myself, but the blush refused to dissapate

We drove in an awkward silence the rest of the way back to my house.

It's ya boi Devo heere and I'm sick, so there will be insane updates today. Honestly being sick should be apart of my brand.

          Devotedly,
                              Devo.