Chapter Twenty Seven

The couple shrieks underneath the bedcovers.

'Sage, oh no Sage!' Andres jumps out of the bed, I see red.

'You!' I point at the woman in my bed, 'Get. Out. Right this instant!'

'Sage, please this isn't her fault,' Andres pleads.

'Oh I know Andres. This is all on you. I should have just acted the day when I found out. I thought if I gave you time, another chance then things will change. But that was my mistake, I never should have trusted that you would change.' I turn back to the woman, 'I'm waiting for you to leave.' I give her a deadly look. She takes the cover with her, covering her naked body. After she is gone I wait in a moment of silence until I hear the front door slam downstairs. I look at Andres. He may be the short tempered one but he knows that when I get angry, it's as if I am a whole different person. The heartless beast inside comes out.

'Any other situation Andres, any other one and I wouldn't have been so mad. You took advantage of me. Took advantage of my kind nature. Of my trust, again!' I walk towards him, a thunderous look on my face.

'I'm sorry ...' he whispers.

'No, Andres. You don't get to be sorry. Sorry only works for the first few times. It's meaningless now. This ... I can't even explain how angry I am,' I run a hand through my already messy hair, 'I gave you so many chances. Even after I found out that you were cheating, I gave you a chance to rectify. But now. I leave for a little bit, and you bring her here. On in our home, you most certainly do not get to be sorry.'

Andres reaches up to place a hand on my shoulder, I push him away. 'Don't even touch me!'

'I gave you everything, everything Andres. But I'm glad I have finally come to the realization, I will never be good enough for you, because you always want more. So, I am done. No more chances.' He looks at me distraught, he jaw slackens.

'Sage, please hear me out.'

'So you can tell me more lies, no. I am done, with everything. I ... I am going to leave for a bit and when I come back I don't want you here. I want you out. Take ... take all your things and leave. We are done.'

Tears start falling down his face, I turn around before he can say anything else and walk out of the room.

I just need some time to myself. I exit the house through the back, walking past the pool and through the security gate that separates my property from the sandy beach. I kick off my shoes and step onto the soft grains. I don't know exactly where the beach leads, but it belongs to the estate so I will be safe.

I walk until I cannot see the house anymore. I walk and walk, until I reach the end of the beach, where there is a pier in front of me with a thick black electric fence, separating this estate from the next. I walk up to the pier and walk along it. There isn't anybody about, so I cry. I cry until I cannot cry anymore. I stare blankly at the ocean in front of me. My phone beeps and I pull it out and look at it. The battery is almost dead, and when I look at the time I see that I have been out of the house for almost two hours.

I take a deep breath and start to make my way back. I notice that my footprints are the only ones on the beach, meaning that Andres could have followed me if he wanted to.

It starts to rain half way back to the house, and I think it's very fitting with how I feel. I get completely drenched, my grey suit getting ruined.

The house comes into view through the sheets of rain. I brace myself to face the problem again, should he still be here. I enter the property again and walk towards the glass door and push it open.

I walk into the empty house.

----------

i know the short chapters are starting again, i am so sorry. the end of the book is coming up, what do you guys think is going to happen. 

please vote and comment.