Chapter Eighteen

I walk into my office building feeling great, Hunter and Christian were great company to have in the morning.

Hunter is very much like me, in certain ways. He seems like a good friend to have. Christian really cares for his brother, and seems to be really proud of him.

I greet everyone as I pass them on my way to my office, once I get there I close my door and settle behind my desk.

I have a day full of meetings and paperwork to sign off on. Not to mention having to check up on the renovations on one of the properties I am flipping, as well as having to check the work progress on the complex.

After a few hours I finish my first meeting and hand Danielle the documents I approved earlier in the morning for her to fax to the various recipients. When I get back to my office I take five minutes to breathe before diving back in the horde of emails awaiting my attention. After a while my eyes get red for staring at the screen for too long, I take some time away from the screen and make a few phone calls.

Danielle walks in while I am on the phone and puts a stack of folder on my desk, which I know are the financials for the projects I am working on, which I start going over after I end my call.

As I go through the folders, making sure the numbers add up, my office is silent except for the sound of flipping pages. I jump slightly when my phone starts vibrating against the glass of my desktop. I look at the caller ID and see that it is Andres calling me. I frown, it's strange because Andres never calls me at work.

'Hello?' I answer the call, worried that it may be an emergency.

'Sage, what are you up too?' Andres' voice come out breathy and slightly slurred, there is some upbeat song playing in the background. I look at the time and see that it is now one o' clock.

'Andres, are you drunk?' I ask him seriously, it is during office hours and I know he went to work today.

'Well ... just a little bit, that's actually why I am calling. I think I may have had too many beers. I came out with a few of my coworkers.'

'Do you want me to come and pick you up?' I ask, pinching the bridge of my nose.

'I could try and drive, it's not that far ...' he slurs.

'Send me the address, I'm on my way!' I says, slightly harsher than I intend too. Andres sounds like he is still in a stable state of mind, and I know he can hold his liquor, but I don't want him to chance driving.

A few minutes later, when I'm wrapping up the last few folders and restacking them neatly on my desk, my phone pings with a new text message which I see is the address of a bar.

I huff as I weigh out my options. I can go and pick up Andres, but he most probably took his car and I don't want to leave it at the bar, and I most definitely will not be leaving mine. I need to find someone to drive my car home as I drive his, and him. I can't ask anyone from my office, and Andres and I don't know anyone here. I shake my head, I have so much of work to do and Andres goes and does something so silly.

My mind lands on the Truair brothers. They seem to be my best choice, my only choice. It could work considering they literally live across our house, and they don't seem like they would be judgmental. However, I don't have any of their contact details, I'll have to drive home and hope they are there.

I text Andres saying that I am on my way and head out of the office. I tell Danielle that I will be back later and rush out to my car. Starting it, I drive as fast as I am allowed to the estate.

The highway is not busy, thankfully. I reach the estate and wave at Jacob as I pass through the gates.

I quickly make my way to the big red house across from mine, which Hunter pointed out to me as he left that morning.

I cut the engine and make my way to the front door, where I stop and count to ten to calm my breathing and compose myself. Be professional Sage, I tell myself.

I bring my hand up to knock on the white door, but before my fist can make contact with the wood it is yanked open by a surprised Christian who's hand is still on the doorknob, and is staring at my hand which is clenched midair.

'Sage this is a surprise,' Christian greets warmly, I lower my hand.

'Hey Christian, sorry to bother you like this, but I need your help,' I say blushing slightly.

'Sure come in,' he moves to the side and lets me walk past him, into their home. Which is strangely homely.

I turn to look at Christian, 'I really am sorry to bother you like this.'

'Nonsense, I will always try to help, although I was on my way out. Hunter is here though, I'm sure he won't mind pitching in.' Christian looks into my eyes.

I sigh in relief.

At that moment Hunter walks into the room.

'Hey Sage!' he says happily.

My heart flutters, I feel strange.

'Sage needs our help, Hunter,' Christian tells his brother.

'Oh, what is it?' Hunter asks, concern taking over his face.

I blush and relay my problem, 'You see Andres took the day off from work and went drinking with his friends from the office and he isn't able to drive home. So, I was hoping one of you guys can come with me to pick him up, and drive my car back as I have to drive his.'

'Oh, that's an easy fix then,' Christian says, and I breathe a sigh of relief, 'Hunter can come with you and drive your car back, he's not going into his office today.'

'Yes, I will go with you Sage. Don't you worry.'

'Well then, I am off to pick up Priya from the airport.' Christian heads out of the front door leaving me and Hunter alone.

'Come Sage, let's go and pick up Andres.' Hunter says as he moves next to me and swings his right arm around my shoulder.

When we make it to my car I show Hunter the bar name which Andres sent me, he whistles. 'He went to a bar out of town, I know the place. I'll guide you,' Hunter says kindly. The sides of his eyes crinkle slightly as he offers me a smile.

I start to drive.

----------------------

uh oh, trouble starts, what do you guys think is going to happen?

please vote and comment.