Chapter 9

Shelly was standing at the end of the driveway. As she began walking closer, I noticed something in her hands. A video camera.

This isn't happening. It took me a moment to regain my composure, but I finally asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I think the better question is: what are you doing here?" She shook her head, finally standing in front of us. "It's a shame, really. Jesse's wasting all of his time and effort on a girl who's sneaking around with his best friend."

I looked at her like she was crazy. "What are you talking about? We're just friends."

"Really? You don't look like you're just friends." I realized that Bolton and I still had our arms around each other. I put my arms at my sides and slowly stepped away. "You know, I woder what Jesse would think of your 'little show.' I'm sure he'd love to see this." She held up the camera with a meaningful look on her face.

 I could tell that Bolton was getting aggrivated. "Quit playing games, Shelly. Either tell us what you want or leave."

"I'll tell you exactly what I want. I want your little girlfriend to tell Jesse that it's over."

Now I knew she was crazy. "What are you talking about? I broke up with Jesse Friday. It's already over."

"What are you, stupid? Let me paint a clearer picture for you. Jesse thinks that he can win you back. Heaven only knows why he wants you when he could have someone way better."

Bolton laughed. "You really think that you're better than Baylee? You?"

She gave him one of her looks that would give a grown man nightmares. "I wouldn't laugh if I were you. A picture's worth a thousand words. Imagine how much could be said about this video." She turned to glare at me. "I'll give you two weeks to convince Jesse that you're over."

"What happens if I can't convince him?"

She smiled her evil smile. "Don't worry, dear. If you can't do it, I'll be happy to do it for you. Jesse should've been mine a long time ago. I'm tired of you standing in my way."

She began walking down the driveway. Before she was completely gone, I heard her say, "Have fun lovebirds."

I really hated that girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apparently, Jesse was way dumber than I thought.

He didn't grasp the concept that I didn't want to speak to him. I found notes in my locker after every class, I got constant text messages, and he ran up to me every time he saw me. I really don't see why he was bothering with someone that clearly wasn't interested. Instead, he took it as a challenge.

It didn't stop when I got home, either. I kept getting texts. He sent me message after message on Facebook. I kept getting tweets from him. Eventually, I had to shut off my phone. Now I can have some peace. Unfortunately, Jesse had other plans.

I heard a light tapping on my window. I walked over, only to find Jesse throwing pebbles at my window. You have got to be kidding me. I opened the window and leaned out. A pebble hit me in the face.

"Ow!" I screamed. 

"Sorry, babe. I didn't think you'd open the window."

"First of all, don't call me babe. Ever. Second, I just opened it so I could tell you to leave."

"Please ba-" I shot him a warning look. "Just let me explain."

"I really don't care what you have to say, Jesse. Everything is pretty self-explanatory."

"But I never really cheated."

Seriously? "Really? So, that text message wasn't real. You sleeping with all of those cheerleaders wasn't real?"

"Well, all that stuff was real, but-"

"But nothing. If it really happened, then you really cheated."

"I didn't care about any of those girls. Since I didn't have feelings for them, then it can't be called cheating."

Oh. My. Gosh. "Am I being punked right now? Is somebody recording this?"

No. Why would you think that?"

"Because no one can genuinely be that stupid. Do you seriously think that not falling for the girl makes it okay to sleep with her while you have a girlfriend?"

"Yeah. I thought everybody knew that."

Wow. Maybe they can be that stupid. "Just go home Jesse."

I saw someone walking down the sidewalk, toward my house. I knew exactly who it was, and he couldn't have come at a better time. 

Jesse was still standing in the yard, with his arms crossed. "I'm not leaving until I know that you're mine again. I miss you. I know you've got to be missing me. Please  just let me take you back. I promise that I won't sleep with as many girls this time."

"Read my lips Jesse: we are over. I won't answer your texts. I won't pick up your calls. I won't message you back. And I definitely never want to be your girlfriend again. We're history."

"You don't mean that babe."

I was about to yell at him for calling me babe. Instead, I heard a new voice say, "Dude, quit embarrassing yourself."

_____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry that my chapters are always so short, but I have certain places that I like to end them.

I hope to have the next chapter up by Sunday, since school starts for me Monday. Hope everyone enjoys this chapter. :)