Chapter Six - Save Me

Authors Note - ok so I was stupid, beyond stupid but whose idea was it to put the cut button so close to the copy button? And why wouldn't it let me undo? Ok so if you haven't guessed two days worth if writing went down the drain all because of that stupid cut button.....sorry if this chapter seems a bit rushed, I'll edit it if it ends up being too bad...also why do Chinduggery supporters even exist? Not that I have anything against them, but look on my wall please. A Chinduggery fan went on there and put up how Valduggery didn't make all that much sense and they were more of a Chinduggery fan.....why are you telling me this? But upon further reading they turned out to be very intelligent....FAN THEM!!! Also they're books are very intriguing...Xxx

"Here? But it's so-"

"Obvious? Yes, it's also the last place we would look." they all climbed out and looked around. The castle was still as malevolent, still so ominous. Still here. They were making they're way to the peeling iron gates when something moved to Valkarie's left, something big.

In a second Skulduggery's gun was out, Ghastly had ire in his hands and Fletcher had teleported to her side. For a moment everyone froze. Valkarie was now seeing far too many blurring shapes for her liking something blurred right beside her and, on instinct, Fletcher teleported slightly back.

They were on them in a flash of claws and teeth. The bushes, trees and building came alive with bloodthirsty assailants in the blink of an eye. Thre were loud cracks and cries, gun shots and heavy snarls from all sides.

Valkarie turned to see everyone else fighting, even Fletcher was armed with a cricket bat when something cracked on the back of her head. For a moment there was nothing, then white pain split across her head. The world faded as the ground rushed up to meet her.

And then everything went black.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SKULDUGGERY

Chapter Six

Save Me

They were on us in a second. The bushes, trees and castle came alive with sharply clawed vampires. The upper hand in numbers may have been with them but upon engaging in the battle it became clear that while caught up in the excitement the vampires attacked without much fineness, a scratchy attack.

Fletcher appeared and reappeared with baseball bats, it seemed Dusk had failed to tell them that we had a teleporter on our side. Swing after swing sent vampires stumbling. Once or twice he seemed in danger of loosing a limb, but teleported just in time.

Ghastly hurled fire and swung punches. Those who didn't roast, were sent flying. He and Fletcher seemed to be watching each others backs, if one was having difficulty, they switched opponents. This silent teamwork would be all Fletcher would talk about for ages now, but the increasing number of vampires kept Skulduggery's mind otherwise occupied.

His revolver blared over the sound of snarling, thank god that he'd come well prepared, he had enough bullets for them.

'Click. Click. Click.'

Damn, ok next time he needed to be twice as prepared. Perfect timing, a particularly large vampire was now hurtling towards Skulduggery. He reached up to push at the air but he was closing in fast then-

Skulduggery looked round, he was gone. Suddenly Fletcher appeared, of course. For a split second it was a case of 'job well done.' then Skulduggery remembered something. Remembered someone. Valkarie, where was she? Normally they fought side by side, but now...