Chapter Three - Only You

Authors note - wow I'm on a roll! Writing Valduggery this quickly does take it out of me granted...but I love it! So in the last chapter...FLETCHER returned! The Bentley nearly hit him and Valkarie ended up crying in his arms with Skulduggery standing by! How many of you were on the edge of your seats when Skulduggery aimed his Smith and Wesson revolver at our favourite teleporter! I hate to leave you guys hanging on the cliff edge that was the ending to my last chapter...but this is the next chapter to cheer up! Shout outs to Genajag and Vampire_Bride for comments and support!

Chapter Three

SKULDUGGERY

Only You

Fletcher took a very sudden but very deliberate step in front of her. And Skulduggery, the hand that wasn't balled up into a tight fist was-

"Skulduggery...what are you doing with your gun!"

She frowned, shocked as she took in the scene. Skulduggery was holding his revolver, aiming it squarely at Fetchers now serious face. Fletcher had taken a step in front of her but the gun was aimed only at him.

"Skulduggery?....."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Skulduggery?....." in the burning rage that clouded his vision a word touched his mind. A name. His name. It was her.

Her innocent voice came to him, saving him from his rage like it had so many times before. She sounded worried, she was scared. Valkarie was tough, she didn't get sacred, what could be scaring her?

He knew, without a single doubt that he would destroy whatever or whoever was scaring her. No one would hurt her. But....his vision cleared and he saw... He saw his hand. His gun, Fletchers face. Her face. What was he doing?

It was seeing them that had enraged him. Seeing him appear after so long so far away. Seeing her cry and move forward. Then falling into his arms and crying. Who was he fooling. She would never love him. He was a desperate old skeleton chasing someone too far away. Valkarie would grow up to love someone like Fletcher, maybe even Fletcher himself.

And he couldn't stand it. Skulduggery wanted to grab Valkarie away from him and hold her in HIS arms. Her crying HIS name. He wanted her all to himself.

But instead he saw the gun in his hand lowering. The relief wash over Valkarie's face as she walked past Fletcher to him. Her mouth just forming a question that he would have to lie to answer.

Inside, he was breaking again and again.

VALKARIE

Only You

Valkarie sighed in relief as he lowered his gun. What had he been doing?Fletcher was still in front of her, still tense but she walked past him to Skulduggery.

"what was that?" she tied to keep accusation out of her voice but admittedly it was finding a way...he was still holding his revolver... But Skulduggery didn't talk to her, he didn't even look at her.

"Fletcher." he said and Valkarie saw him tense out the corner of her eye. "Valkarie and I have been tracking a series of rouge vampires who have been making appearances all over Ireland. Teleporting after the attack on the Sanctuary seemed to have shocked me. Are you ok?" although his jaw remained set Fletcher relaxed somewhat.

"the Sanctuary was attacked?"

"a vampire we had previously caught escaped from its cell, it didn't seem to want anything but to escape." Valkarie frowned.

"but you said that you were in Ghastly's office?" skulduggery turned to her and inclined his skull, she pressed on. "the holding cells are the other way, it'd have to double back to come in...and it didn't attack you..." she waited for him to say something, surprisingly Fletcher got there first.

"so the vamp wasn't just escaping, it was taking a look at you, but it had shed its skin right? It shouldn't have been able to control its self and not rip you into diced bone, would it?" he tried to turn his head the way that skulduggery had previously to disastrously hilarious results. He now resembled a troubled hedgehog, deciding wether or not to cross the interstate...

"no-" skulduggery began "not unless it was under very explicit commands from its creator...and as far as we know there's only one vampire with enough knowledge, skill, experience or motive to do it..." he turned to Valkarie, as did Fletcher.

She felt lost, she hated feeling lost. A feeling if knowing exactly what was going on... THAT was a great feeling...and then she got it.

"of course." Valkarie groaned as realisation dawned on her, another weight on her conscience. "who else?"

The sheer number of new vampires.

How it had been too easy too neat, capturing the vampire that'd broken her ribs.

How it had confirmed that Skuduggery and of course she was still here.

Who else?

...

...

...

Dusk was back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note - hey guys! Well if you read the description you'd already know that Dusk returns. Or maybe you understood after the first chapter? Either way our most loveable vampire is on his way...to my next chapter! Or is he? Not saying not saying! Here's what I will say though....thankyou!!! Two votes sixteen reads and oodles of feedback! (oodles...it just rolls off the tongue huh?) THANKYOU!!! It really means a lot to me that I'm not just wasting my time, am I? Shout outs go out to ILoveBooks1234522 for her comment that sped me up in delivering this chapter! And yes I have noted how small it is but I'm in France right now. The SOUTH of France! Hot hot hot weather! Hot hot hot boys! (I am a girl...my iPad just bugs out when I try to change my gender... :/) thank you!!! Thinking of you! Oh and read her book, it might be a little but short but my god it's good! Leave advice, CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and what you'd most want to see in this book in the comment below. A bit of Ghanith maybeeeeee?..... And finally, to all you fellow authors out there...keep it up you're doing great! Twilight or Harry potter, jb (ugh) or not, fanfic (the best) or not. Writing in Wattpad us really creative and the readers seriouly appreciate your obvious wisdom! Later! Xxx

P.S. did you guys know that Sherlock Holmes paved the way in setting the example for the worlds first ever fan fics!?!? That also means he paved the way for fifty shades of grey who's author, fearing fifty shades of lawsuits changed the names (it was originally a twilight fan fic...) and made a mint! So there you go! Write fan fics and make a mint...good life moto!

GO AHEAD AND ADVERTISE YOUR BOOKS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW! I don't mind and I'm always out to help you! Xxxxxx