Chapter 3

Roxanne POV

“Danielle I am home!” I yelled slamming the front door.

“Roxy!” Xander yelled running from the living room and squeezing me into a hug.

“Hey buddy, where is everyone else?” I asked him.

“Danielle and Camille went out but they will be back soon.” Xander explained.

***********

The doorbell rang 

"ROXY! Can you get that?" Danielle called.

"Yes." I called as I jumped off my bed to open the door. As I opened the door I saw a familair face stand infront of me.

"Roxanne, it's me." The man who stood in my door frame said.

"Jake?" I asked as my eyes widened.

"Yes it's me." Jake said pulling me into a hug.

"I-it's been t-ten years." I managed to get out as tears began to stream down my face. Here in my arms was my brother who had been forced from me by my mother. I didn't think I would ever see him again.

"I know. I'm sorry." Jake said stroking my hair.

"I didn't t-think I'd ever s-see you again." I stuttered as I stepped back from Jake's embrace and wiped my eyes.

"Roxy what is going on?" Danielle called as she popped up behind me.

"Uh Danielle meet my brother Jake." I said introducing her

"What? Your brother? I thought you said he dissappeared." Danielle asked bewildered. 

"He did when I was 10. But here he is." I said smiling.

"Jake why don't you come in? And we can talk." I said as I pulled Jake into the house and to my room.

"Roxanne why are you here? What happened to Mom?" Jake asked. Even though Caroline (our mom) had kicked Jake out, he had still always cared for her.

"Mom is alive and well, by well I mean still insane." I said.

"But why are you here?" Jake asked.

"This will take a while to explain." I said as I sat him down on the bed with me. I sat there for a good few hours explaining how Caroline had taken me to the mental instituion, how I was released, why I was living her, how the Ghost Adventures crew had taken me back to the instituion, and how Caroline had returned. Not a single detail had been left out of place. When I finished Jake just sat silently and stared at the floor. 

"Roxanne I'm sorry. If I would of known I would of gotten you." Jake said as a tear fell from his cheek. I saw the pain in his eyes. How he the older brother wasn't able to help his little sister.

"Jake it's okay, I guess it builds character." I said grinning a little but trying t cheer him up. It was the same thing I had always said to him when one of us had gotten in toruble when we were younger. But this time it was different. This whole experience had changed me completely. I was different person, with a guard that never dropped, and stronger feelings that were near impossible to hurt. 

Jake grinned a bit and then said "Well I guess it's time I tell you my story.

I nodded and sait quietly as he began to talk. "When Mom kicked me out, I had no where to go. So that night I snuck back into the house took my money an packed my bags. I kissed you on the forhead and left. After that I sat on the streets for a few hours when a familiar car drove by and stopped. My friend Eric stepped out and pulled me in. I told him everything that happened and he let me stay with him. His parents even took me in like I was one of their own. I then lived with them until i was 18 and then moved to the country side of Neveda. From there life was hard. But I soon started to make a living and I met a girl named Selene and we're now married." Jake said finishing his story. Anger began to boil inside my body. His life compared to mine was a freaking fairy tale. While I lived through hell and back he lived the royal life.