Chapter Ten

*Brandy's point of view.*

Everything was happening so fast. Shadows came down the stairs so intensely, right at Cyndy. Then they disapired after Zacky snatched me and was pulling me away.

"What?" I said forcing him to stop, once we got outside.

He turned around and looked at me.

I waited.

"I needed fresh air," He finally spoke as he turned his back to me and looked up at the sky, "I thought you might want some too."

I laughed, "Lair."

He turned and raised a brow at me, "Am I now?"

I smiled and walked up close to him, "Why dont you tell me why you really brought me outside."

He smiled, "To talk."

"About?" I questioned.

He shook his head, "Nothing special."

I gave him a funny look, "I just want to understand all this, if Shadows doesnt wanna take our souls, and wants our help, whats he planning after were finished helping?"

"Honestly?" Zacky asked me as I sat in a chair.

I nodded my head egar.

"I think he has something on his mind. And that something, is Cyndy." He told me as he sipped the wine he had in his hand.

"Why?" I asked shocked.

Zacky laughed and walked behind me, "Hes attarcticed to her. He wants her, for himself."

I felt chills down my spin as he spoke from behind me.

"What about me and Kayla?" I asked hesident.

I felt him lean down right by my ear by his breath on my neck at he spoke.

"Maybe we have our eyes on the two of you." He said slyly.

I closed my eyes has he pulled my hair off my neck.

"How would that work?" I asked as I thought about it and stood up.

He looked my in the eye as he took another drink from his wine, "You'll have to become a demon."

My eyes got wide. I was scared, but excited at the same time, "How?"

He smiled and walked up to me, "You'll maybe, find out later."

I gave him a glare as he cupped my face in his hands and kissed me.

I kissed him back, and he broke it off with a laugh.

"Hey." I grawled as he started back inside.

I followed him.

*Cyndy's point of view.*

"Shadows!" I yelled as dragged me in a room and slamed the door shut behind it.

He shook his head, "Dont call me Shadows anymore."

"Why?" I asked clueless.

"I want you to call me Matt. Please." He begged.

I rolled my eyes, "Fine, 'Matt', what the fuck is going on!?"

"I cant explain it, its all rushing threw my head." He said aggervated.

He had a fustrated look on his face. His eyes were flaming. His body started to steam and lightly turn red.

"Matt!" I yelled at him.

He looked at me and tossed the crowed on the floor.

He yelled in pain.

I didnt know what to do. I didnt what was happening to him. All I knew, I've cooled him down before, and I had to do it again.

I ran up to him and grabbed his arm.

My hand felt like I had just put it on a stove, it burnt that bad.

"Back off." Matt yelled backing away from me.

I looked at the floor and kept trying to think of what to do, so I did the first thing that came to my mind.

I walked back up to him and had him against the wall. I placed my hands on his face and looked him in the eye as I kissed him, it burned me, and hurt, but it was working. His body tempature was slowly going down. He started to get his normal color back.

When I felt his tempature back to a normal humans, I back off and looked my hands. They had second degree burns.

"Cyndy." Matt said looking at me, sounding hurt.

I looked up at him, releift that he was okay.

He slid down the side of the wall and buried his face in his hands.

I knelt down beside him, "Matt, please, tell me whats going on. I want to understand."

He looked up at me with tears in his eyes. He snatched my burnt hands and looked me in the eye, "I did this to you, cause I cant control my anger and furstraion."

"So?" I asked, "I still dont know what you want with me, or my friends."

"You dont see," I said shaking his head, "Im in love with you."

My eyes grew wide and I stepped back, "How? Why?"

He stood up and pulled out his sunglasses from his pocket, putting them on, "I've been following you for a while. I wasnt allowed, but I have been."

"And?" I asked.

"Angels will kill any demon. Any human, that remotely speaks to one another." He started to explain, "Thats why I kissed you that night in the woods. Hoping they wouldnt notice."

"But, then why keep this up?" I asked sadly.

He shook his head, "I dont know! I cant help myself."

He started to slowly turn red again.

I grabbed his hand and held it tight, "Why do you feel like your burning when you get upset, but no one else does?"

He calmed down a bit and took a deep breath, "I am the Shepherd of Fire. Im suppose to lead the war between angels and demons. I have a gift. A bound that me and my leader made before he died. Plus my parents were the almighty rain of the world before it became what you see today."

I couldnt believe what I was hearing. I also couldnt believe I was falling in love with a demon. I had no idea what to do, or say.

He slipped his hand from mine and sat on the dresser in the room after picked up his crown.

"Matt." I said walking up to him.

He looked at me, sad, confussed, defeated.

"You are going to have to control it." I told him, "It will kill you if you dont."

He snickere and shook his head no, "It wont kill me. My blood is made from fire. Even though im cool and calm now, if I dont something, at the slightest, I could hurt you, or worse kill you. Its impossible."

"I dont care." I confessed. "There is something I feel with you. And when im not around you, it sucks so godamn bad, that you wouldnt understand."

He just shook his head, "I dont know what to do."

"There must be something." I begged him to think.

He looked at the floor really hard for a long minute, "There is one way, but I dont want to do it. I dont want to wish anyone it. It could kill you.

I took a deep breath, "What is it?"

He looked my dead in the eye, "You'd have to become a demon. Not just any demon, but one like me. A Shepherd of Fire. The only way that would have to work is one of the worst anyone could imagine."

"How would it work?" I asked.

"Drink my blood. My poison, liquid fire, blood. It could kill you, if you heart wasnt in the right place." He confessed.

I was stunned. I didnt know what to do or say. All this was coming in so fast. I dont know what to do. I was just slowly understanding these feelings I had for Matt. Why I couldnt get him out of my mind the past few nights. Why he was haunting my dreams. I was falling in love with him.