Interview #17 Aidenivey1928

INTERVIEW #17

Aidenivey 1928

1. Why do you like to write?

I love writing on here specifically because I feel like it prepares me for life as an author, seeing as that is what I really want to do with my life. In general, I enjoy writing because of my friends. They're the ones who encourage me to keep on writing, and I love watching their reactions when they read what I’ve written down! They definitely keep me going!

2. How did you find Wattpad?

Through a friend. She asked me if I’d please read her story and my reply was "only if you teach me to get on there so I can write to!"

3. Why did you want to post stories here?

Like I said, I really feel like it helps prepare me for my future as an author. If I can make it here a have a better chance 'Out there' right?

4. How do you get over writers block?

I talk to my friends about it. As you can see, my friends (along with my amazing boyfriend) really help me out. I talk to them about my most recent brainstorms and what I’m stuck on and they tell me their opinion. Because of a few of them I’ve changed my whole story.

5. What annoys you about Wattpad authors?

How rude some of them can be. No offense obviously, and yes I do want critical comments. TELL ME WHAT I DID WRONG! But goodness doesn’t sit there and tell me that you don’t LIKE it... Tell me what you think would improve it. I'd prefer my feelings to be intact after reading comments :)

6. What is your favorite type of food?

Hmm... Well one of my best friends is Asian...for her sake can I say Chinese? : P I do love me some chicken though...any kind

7. How do you come up with character names?

Ha-ha...I know this sounds weird, but almost all of the guy’s names are names I think sound attractive lol...almost. Anyways, most of my names I come up with by looking at people from school or church and saying "hmm... how can I mix/ change these people names..." the main male character's name (aster) came from my boyfriend’s name... plus I think it sounds super cool... ASTER!!! Right?

8. What about your book name?

Hmm... Well I make the forest take a rather big role in people’s lives right? Or rather what's IN it...? The title acts as a bit of foreshadowing... want a spoiler? His is a series (or that's what I’m planning...) and so this title goes along with the others... I want spoil those though :)

9. How do you come up with your book idea?

Well... I was trying to figure out the next big thing... And though I’ve always like the fairy and vampire books... I didn't know that I wanted my characters to be supernatural... at all honestly... So I saw the hunger games and how big it was and though "I bet that's what will be big next... post-Apocalypse" and that's what I’m going for... however, there is a rather big twist later on that, if I do say so myself, makes it ten times better because it doesn’t make it seem like a hunger games rerun...

10. What makes you different than most authors?

I'm a teen? I guess that doesn’t make me different... a lot of teens want to write and love to... But I’ve been planning on doing it since I was in Elementary school.... And I’ve planned a lot of college around that... so I really feel like I’m solidly going to be a writer... Idk how good but I’ll be one :)

11. Do you have a favorite Wattpad author?

To be honest I haven’t been on here long... So I can’t say that I have a favorite yet... But I love how awesome a lot of people on here have been ;) I don't even know them and they've been so supportive... it's great

12 what would you tell a newcomer?

Have fun with it! Oh, and don't obsess over the clubs... I didn’t get too bad but one friend got stuck in the clubs advertising EVERY day lol... it was pretty bad... Try to find some real readers... people who enjoy your writing from the get-go! And be willing to read others as much as they'll read you, because watt-pad isn’t just about writing random thoughts from when you're bored in class... it's about sharing your ideas and inspiring each other :)... Last... Good Luck!!!

THANKS FOR READING….GO CHECK OUT

Aidenivery1928’s story link below!

http://www.wattpad.com/story/1105950-out-of-the-forest