A black rose and scarred for life~

I woke up tense, struggling just to breathe, my mind lost. I was curious of where i was. Everything was white in the small room, litterally, everything. All exept for one black rose that stood tall and proud beside the bed on a nightstand, in a small, plastic vase.

I groaned, my body in pain. Memmories of last night began flowing back, no matter how hard i tried to stop them.

Ace hurt me again...

I couldnt take it anymore. I felt more tears, but i stopped myself. No, that jerk doesnt deserve your tears...

But my lower lip began to tremble as i remembered the last thing i saw...Brad saving me. I smiled at the thought, though the pain was still overwhelming.

I hugged myself tightly, shutting my eyes, dreaming of my parents. My father; so kind, loving, foolish. My mother; so sweet, pure, golden. How i missed them both so much. If only...if only I could've done something that day...Something that would've prevented my parents death.

Stop it, London. That wasnt your fault.

But as much as I told myself that, i couldnt beleive it. I was heartbroken, lost, alone, and most of all, scarred for life by now. It felt as if my body would never heal. I could still feel the blood trickling down my spine, my arms, my legs. I groaned in pain, and shut my eyes harder, trying to erase memories of the night before.

I kept my eyes shut for the longest time, until I finally dozed off a little. But when I woke up, I flinched, getting ready to die once more.

Ace was standing at the side of my bed, his hands down at his side, his head down in sarrow. I could hear him sniffle, as if he was trying to hold back tears as much as i was.

"A-Ace?" My voice came out so shaky. Well, i was afraid.

He looked at me, his deep brown eyes filled with an apolagy. No, i couldnt forgive him, not after what he did to me...

"London, I'm so, so sorry..." He said, keeping his voice low to hide the sadness.

Another silent minute passed us by. I sighed. "It's okay, Ace..."

"No, its not." He looked at me again. "I shouldnt have taken my anger out on you. I was angry at my dad. He just...pissed me off thats all...God, Im such an idiot." His eyes roamed over my body, flinching once he saw a bruise. And there were lots of them.

Slowly, his hand reached out, and the very top of his finger tips smoothly, softly brushed over my arm, feeling its way down. We both flinched a little once he ran his fingers over a bruise, and he apolagized. I just gave a weak smile.

Finally, after a few minutes, he grabbed a chair and sat down beside the bed, looking at the bruises. "London..."

"It's okay. Really. I...deserved it..."

He looked at me in confusion. Honestly, i was confused too. Did i really just say that?!

"No, it was my-

"No," I cut Ace off, "It's fine. Lets just forget about it, okay?"

He sighed a little, and struggled to look me in the eyes. I looked back at him, striking him with my stare. "London, you can speak whever you want. Please dont be afraid, okay?"

I was afraid. After all that he did to me. But...something in my gut was telling me he was serious. He looked pretty guilty and pitiful right now.

"Why...are you being so nice to me?" I asked softly, in a hush tone.

He looked at me, then back down at his feet. "I...I was just angry and...I dont know, you were the only...I just...I dont know. I shouldn't have. It was wrong. Brad was right. I dont know how to treat a slave. But I promise you, London, I'll try my hardest to be better to you. You deserve it after all the crap you put up with from me."

It really felt good too hear him say that. Suddenly, I couldnt take my eyes away from him. I'd never seen him no nice before. He'd never been such a...what was the word i was looking for?

Gentlemen?

"London?" He asked softly under his breath, looking down at the floor.

"Yes Master?" I said, quietly.

"Dont call me master anymore, okay?"

"Um...erm....sure...what should i call you then?" I asked, suprised at his words and his sudden kindness, though it wasnt like i was going to completely forget about the beatings all in just one day. Like i said, i was scarred for life.

He smiled and looked up at me. "Just call me Ace, okay?"

I nodded with a small smile. "Okay." He smiled and looked back down at the floor. "And Ace?"

"Hmm?" He looked up with me.

"Please call me London from now on."

He chuckled. "Sure thing."

I was suprised. Was he...acually...nice now? It felt like i was dreaming. I must be...But i was in to much pain to not wake up. I looked at Ace, who wouldnt dare look at me. I sighed and tried my best to forget the beatings never happened....

But as I said...who can forget, when one is scarred for life?