chapter 8

Hijikata POV

I was in the ring. Today my love gets to kill a dragon today. Im so excited. Today i've decided to confess my love to her. OH. I hope she says yes. I walked in the stage. Everyone cheered. "Well I missed showing my face again". I said and everyone cheered. "If somebody told me that in a few short weeks Chizuru would go from being well umm Chizuru to than being place first in dragon training. Well I would've tied the guy to the boat and ship him off for being god heck mad". I said and everyone cheered. I chuckled. "But here we are. No one more surprised...or more proud..than I am...today...our only girl in the village..becomes a viking..today..SHE BECOMES ONE OF US". I said and everyone cheered. I smiled. 

Chizuru POV

I sighed and looked down. Today..is where I leave..and become..a dragon. "Be careful with that dragon". I heard Souji said. I sighed. "It's not the dragon i'm worried about". I said and saw Hijikata sit in his throne. "What are you going to do". He asked. I breathed. "..Put an end to this. I have to try...". I said. I turned to him. "Souji...if something goes wrong...just make shier they won't find Crystal". I said. He nodded. "..I will..just..promise me it won't go wrong". He said. I breathed. "It's time Chizuru". I heard and looked at Kondou. He smiled at me. "Knock them dead". He said. I breathed. I held the helmet that Hijikata gave me and put it on. I heard the crowd say my name over and over. I breathed. I walked in the arena. I looked around. Everyone was cheering for me. I looked at Hijikata. He blew me a kiss. I breathed and looked down. I didn't even want to look at him. I was too afraid. I can tell he was looking at me, confused but I didn't care. I walked over to the weapons area. I just stared at it. I sighed and moved away from the weapons area. Everyone gasped. I didn't need a weapon. I didn't want a weapon. 

Hijikata POV

I stared at her, confused. "What are you doing, love". I whispered.

Chizuru POV

I stared at the gate that the dragon was in. I breathed and sighed. "..I'M READY". I said. The guy had a beard look and opened the gate. I breathed. I glared at the gate. Than...I saw it..the monstrous nightmare. t blew up in flames and roared at everyone. Everyone gasped. I breathed. It went around the ring blew fire to one of the people. I sighed. It crawled on top of the gate. I breathed. It looked down at me and it's eyes soften. I breathed. It came down from the gate on top slowly. I breathed. It walked over to me, slowly. I smiled at it. "Go on Chizuru. tear it's guts out". I heard one of the men said but I ignored them. I breathed. I walked over to the dragon. It smiled at me. "..What a beautiful creature you are". I said. I rubbed it's head. It whined and smiled. 

Hijikata POV

I gaped. "What in gods name is she doing". I asked. Kondou shrugged. "I don't know. She never done this in training". He said. I stared at her, confused. 

Chizuru POV

I smiled at it. "You are so young..". I said. It grinned at me. "Thx mommy". I heard. I froze. I stared at it, shocked. "Did you...just talk". I whispered to it. It nodded. I gasped. Than she growled at something on top of me. I touch my head and felt the helmet. I sighed and grabbed it and held it. I stared at it and saw my reflection...who was I. The dragon rubbed it's face against me. "Choose us mommy". He said. I breathed. I looked at the other dragons. They gave me pleading eyes. I breathed and looked down at myself again. I looked at my eyes...and saw crystal. I gasped and turned around but didn't see her. I breathed and looked down.

...this isn't...who I am.

I looked up at Hijikata and glared at him. "...I'm not one of them". I said and threw my helmet. Everyone gasped. Hijikata stared at me, shocked. I glared at him. 

Hijikata POV

I almost jumped out of my chair. How can she do this to us..to me..why would she chose THEM. Everyone gasped and whispered and looked at me. I saw the monstrous nightmare smirk at me...it's them..they made he like this. I clenched my teeth. "Stop the fight". I said. "No. I need you all to see this. There not what we think they are. We don't have to kill them Hijikata..please believe me". She said while petting the beast. Everyone looked at me. I growled. "I SAID STOP THE FIGHT". I said and banged my hammer on the gate to make a loud noise. The dragon roared at me and blew fire...at Chizuru. I gasped. "CHIZURU". I yelled. Something was off.

Crystal POV

I heard a yell somewhere. I breathed. 

Chizuru...

I ran to her village and went to go save her.

Hijikata POV

Once the dragon stopped blowing fire...I saw her...in one piece..but she was naked...but she was not burned...no scratch.

Chizuru POV

I gasped and covered myself. I looked down. I...wasn't burned...i was...still alive. I looked at the dragon, shocked. It smiled at me. It went towards me and hid my body from the world. I gasped. "She didn't burn. How come". I heard people say. I breathed and looked at Hijikata. He just stared at me, shocked. I breathed. I looked down at the dragon. "Kill that Dragon". Hijikata said. I gasped. "NO". I said. I went in front of the dragon but still covered myself. Than I heard something. "LIGHT FURY. GET DOWN". I heard. I gasped. I looked up and saw Crystal. She blew the whole arena up. I gasped and covered. I looked and saw Crystal blocking me from everyone. So did the other dragons. I gasped. The other dragons came as well and blocked me from them. I breathed. I ran Crystal and pushed her. "Run Crystal. Go". I said but she didn't go. Everyone ran in here. I breathed. Everyone ran in here. I gasped. "Go Crystal. All of you".  I said but they didn't listen. I saw Hijikata run to Crystal. I gasped. I went in front of Crystal and blocked him from hurting her. "STOP". I said. He growled. He grabbed me and pulled me towards him. He covered me with his long cape. I gasped. I saw the vikings grabbed the dragons and pinned them to the ground. I cried and tried to get Hijikata off me but couldn't. "Please Hijikata. Don't hurt her. Please". I said. he ignored me. I looked at Crystal and cried. "Crystal". I said. She whined and tried to come to me but couldn't because of the vikings. I cried. Hijikata kissed my head and put my head on his chest. I growled. I finally pushed him off me. "I HATE YOU. NEVER TALK TO ME EVER. I WISH YOU NEVER SAVED ME FROM THAT WOLF". I said. I covered myself and ran out. I cried. h my dragons...my precious dragons..my crystal.

Hijikata POV

I froze. I saw her leave. I feel bad but these are dragons...they are not to be trusted. I looked down at the light fury. She growled at me and glared at me. I breathed. I saw things on her body...metal from our village. Than I saw a fake fin on her fin. 

...Why do this...why keep this from me my love...