chapter 3

Chizuru POV

"Welcome to dragon training". I heard Kondou said. I sighed. I held the bow n arrow that Hijikata gave me before he left. Sometimes I think Hijikata my father since he asks like a father to me. But I owe him my life...

(Past)

I was in a forest. I didn't know where I was, who I was, or who I knew. All I new I was alone, scared, confused. I sniffled. "Hello...is anyone there". I asked. I wiped my tears away. Than I heard something from a bush. I gasped. I looked and saw a wolf came out. I gasped and moved back. It growled at me. "Someone. Please help". I said. It kept growling at me. It was bigger than I was. I was 5 years old. I can't take this wolf down. I closed my eyes. "SOMEONE PLEASE HELP". I yelled. It was about to strike me but...an arrow went threw him and...died. I gasped. I looked and saw a boy. He was very handsome. He had black hair and purple eyes and well fit. He stared at me, shocked. I saw men in horses come over here. "Hijikata. What did I say about running away". A man said. I think it was his father because he looked like him. "Father...look". He said. The guy looked at me with a shocked look. The men in horses looked at me shocked too. I sniffled and wiped my tears away. "Impossible...I thought they were all gone". The father said. I breathed. The father looked at Hijikata. "Take her back to the village". He said. Hijikata nodded and walked overt me. I gasped and moved back. "It's okay. Were not going to hurt you". He said. I breathed. He took out his hand. I accepted it.

(Reality)

If it weren't for him I would be dead. I sighed. I heard the guys talking about getting pain. I rolled my eyes. "Lets get started. The recruit who does best will win the honor of killing his first dragon in front of the entire village". Kondou said. I looked down. It pains me just to think about it. "Chizuru doesn't like killing a dragon so...does that disqualify him or". Heisuke said and his friends laughed. I rolled my eyes. "Can I train in a class with the cool vikings". They said. I sighed. They aways picked on me since I first stayed here. There annoying. Kondou sighed and wrapped his arm around me. "Don't worry. Your small, pretty, weak. That will make you less of a target and go for the teens instead". He said. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "These doors..are just a few of the many species you'll learn to fight. For example, the deadly ladder, The hideous zippleback, The monstrous nightmare, The terrible terror...CAN YOU STOP THAT". He said to Saito because he was explaining what each dragon was. "Anyways...and the gronkle". He said. I breathed. He was opening the door to the Gronkle. I gasped. "Woah woah, Wait. Aren't you going to teach us first". Shinpachi asked. I sighed. "I believe in learning on the job". He said. He opened the door and the gronkle came out. I gasped. They started striking the dragon but I hid. I breathed and looked down. "Chizuru. Get in there". Kondou said. I breathed. Some of the kids got out but there still alive. I breathed. The dragon found me and blasted my hiding spot. I gasped. "CHIZURU". I heard Kondou. I breathed. I was about to run but...the gronkle just stared at me. It flew to me, slowly. I breathed. His eyes were like a puppy. I stared at them. It smiled at me and sticked it's tongue out. I smiled. "Your so adorable". I said. It flew to me closer. I was about to pet it but Kondou grabbed it by it's mouth roughly and threw it back to it's room. I gasped and stared at the door. "Remember, A dragon will always..". He said and glared at me. "Always...go for the kill". He said. I stared at the door. I heard the dragon whine. I breathed.

(Time skip)

"So why didn't you guys". I asked. I was in the forest trying to find the dragon. I breathed. I was questioning to why didn't those two dragons kill me. If it always goes for the kill than why didn't they gone for me. I saw a cave like thing. I breathed and went inside there. I saw light from the other side. I walked over there. Once I came out I saw a lake. I smiled. This looked peaceful. I looked down and saw white scales. I hummed and crouched down and pick one up. I hummed. Then something flew in my face which made me fall. I gasped. I looked up and saw that dragon trying to fly. She failed so she flew back down. I gasped. I went down a little closer so I can get a better view of her. She tried to fly again but failed so she gave up. I quickly took out my notebook and drew her. Once I was finished I looked at her. "why don't you just...fly away". I asked. I looked and saw one of her fins gone from her tail. I looked at my drawing and erased one of the fins. I breathed. I saw her drink some water from the lake. I crawled a little closer to the edge to get a better view but my pencil fell. It made a noise which made the dragon look up at me. I froze. She twisted her head in confusion. I smiled and waved at her. She grinned and jumped up in joy. 

(Time skip)

I walked to a building where Kondou said to meet. I was late because I was hanging out with the dragon. I didn't want to go but I made a promise to Hijikata. It was raining so I got wet. I went inside and saw everyone in a table. I sighed and walked to the table and got my food. "Where did Chizuru go wrong". I heard Kondou ask. "She showed up". Shinpachi said. "She didn't get eaten". Souji said. I rolled my eyes. "She's not where she should be". Saito said. They all glared at me. I rolled my eyes. Harada moved so I wouldn't sit next to him so I went to the other table so I wouldn't bother them. "Thank you Saito. You need to live and breath these stuff. The dragon Manuel. Everything we know about every dragon we know of". I heard Kondou said. This made me curious and look up. I already new about each dragon...except for that dragon. Than I heard a thunder storm. I sighed and played with my food. "This is homework tonight. Hurry up". I heard Kondou said. The guy whined and left. I breathed landlocked at the book. I went towards it. I sat down and opened it. "Dragon classifications". I whispered. I went threw the pages to find a night fury. Soon I found it. All it said that they were highly dangerous and cannot be close to. I sighed and put my hand on my cheek. I turned the page. Than...I saw something else. It said...light fury. It had the same picture as the dragon. I read its little note. "These dragons are more dangerous than a night fury. once you are spotted you will be dead. do not be close to one in any cost. This is a warning". I whispered. I took out my notebook and opened the page that I drew the dragon. I laid it on the book. I breathed. 

...What's a light fury doing here..