Chapter 18

3rd POV
Lucy flinched when hearing that word. She slowly turned around to face the person who called her that. He was sat up in the bed he was in, his eyes shining with a crimson red. E.N.D.

Upon seeing Lucy, his face lit up.
"Princess! It is you!" He said smiling. Lucy awkwardly smiled back at him, "Hi...E.N.D.."
E.N.D's smile grew at that, him getting up out of his bed and standing up, though he instantly fell over. Lucy ran over to him in a slight panic and helped him up.

E.N.D took this opportunity to peck her cheek. Lucy blushed at that but decided to pretend it didn't happen.

Once E.N.D was stood up, he had one hand around Lucy's waist and the other was cupping her cheek. Lucy's cheeks were tinted with pink but she carried on with what she knew she needed to do.

"E-E.N.D.." she began.
"Hmm?" He answered.
"W-what's happening to Natsu right now?"
"He's being tortured."
Lucy shivered, "..why?"
"Because otherwise he'd gain control.."
"Why do you..uh...particularly want control..?"
"Because 1, I get to beat and kill people which is fun and 2, I get to see you!"
"H-Have you ever talked to Natsu about uh..maybe..working together..?"
"Working together?"
"Ya know like uh..Say, for example..when Natsu needs to fight..you're in control.. normally Natsu's in control and uh...when you're with me uh.." she struggled to think for a good idea.
"We can share!"
"Yea— uh..what?"
"We can share, meaning our personalities become one and we share you! Actually, why don't we do that normally? Yeah we should!"
"W-what?"
"We can merge! Meaning our subconsciousnesses that keep us separate beings will merge and we'll become one person!"
"W-wait that's not what I-"
"Great idea Princess!"

And with that E.N.D, once again, fell unconscious, but this time in was in Lucy's arms. Lucy put him in the bed he was in before breaking down in a panic, 'what have I done?!' She thought, 'with this, I won't ever have Natsu back!' And then the tears came, she cried for a good 10 minutes before running out the room to Makarov and the rest of team Natsu to say what happened.

While she was telling them what she'd done she was sobbing and crying with no hints of the waterworks stopping. None of them blamed Lucy, though she felt overwhelmingly bad about it. She just hoped when Natsu wakes up again he'll be more like Natsu then like E.N.D.

The guild soon got the news as well and yet again, no one blamed her. Everyone did their best to comfort her but that ended with no avail.

A week passed and still no sign of Natsu waking up.

2 weeks passed, still no sign.

4 weeks.

A month.

2 months.

It was around 2 months and 3 weeks after Natsu fell unconscious. He finally stirred.

As soon as Natsu woke up, he screamed loudly. You could hear it from outside the room and it was clear it belonged to him. Lucy and the rest of Team Natsu ran into the infirmary as quickly as they could. They came across Natsu.

He was sat on the bed holding his chest with a terrified look on his face. His eyes were reddish on the outside and as the colour got closer to his pupil, it turned to an onyx colour. The guild mark he had was now different, it was half fairy tail, half tartaros and the whole arm with the guild mark on was covered in etherious markings. He turned to face them, his face slowly calming to just a surprised expression.

"N-natsu?" Lucy asked, hope evident in her voice.
"Luce..?" He asked, his voice shaky.
Relief washed over Lucy and the rest of them at the fact that he didn't call her 'princess'.