Chapter 16

3rd P.O.V
After the battle had ended, the retrieval process had begun. The remaining members of the guild that were conscious and unharmed were running around putting the injured guild members in infirmaries situated across magnolia.

The gravely injured were moved into more empty infirmaries and were treated almost immediately while the less injured were taken to more fuller areas and were treated after a while of waiting. Natsu, on the other hand, was in the Fairy Tail's infirmary, the only one there of course. He was chained down to the bed, just for safe measures. He was still unconscious of course.

Weeks went by quickly and many recovered at a quick pace thanks to Wendy and Sherria's healing sky magic. Both of them tried their magic on Natsu to see if it would help him recover or wake up but it was with vain. Nothing happened.

After about 4 weeks, Natsu woke up.

His first reaction was panic. He didn't know where he was or what happened, that was, before all of it came flooding back to him and tears filled his eyes. He attempted to move but was restrained and couldn't move his arms. This caused his panic to grow, but before the panic could grow into anything worse, team Natsu and Makarov walked in the room.

The first thing the group noticed was Natsu's eyes, they were Onyx. Lucy gasped and ran up to Natsu along with Happy. The rest were soon to follow and Makarov immediately opened the chains that Natsu was restrained with. As soon as they were open Natsu stumbled backwards out of the bed in a panic of the sudden amount of people surrounding him. Everyone looked at him with a strange, confused look on his face.

"Natsu? What's wrong?" Lucy asked quietly, not wanting to scare him any further.
"I-I-," he began, "P-please forgive me.. for what E-E.N.D did.." he stuttered out. The other people in the room were shocked. This wasn't like Natsu. He wasn't stuttery, over apologetic or nervous around a lot of people, he was the polar opposite.

Lucy slowly walked to him, being careful to not scare him. She managed to get right in front of him and did the first thing that came to her mind. She hugged him. She hugged him and sobbed. "I-It's not your fault Natsu.. We're just glad you're back.." She clung onto him, sobbing into his shoulder.

Natsu hesitated, but hugged her back and joined in on the sobbing. Natsu held Lucy close, desperately latching onto her, apologising over and over again.

"It's okay Natsu.. you don't need to apologise.." she replied to him. But it didn't help, he just kept apologising.
"Natsu..." she said. Again, he didn't stop. Lucy looked at him sadly but then leaned in, closing the gap between their lips, kissing him. Natsu's eyes widened, before kissing her back, his hand going up to cup her cheek.

The rest of the guild members in the room were still there, they were watching the scene. Half way through Mira had walked in but that didn't last long before she fainted over the Nalu. Makarov was wide eyed and looking away to give them privacy, Erza was fangirling and Gray was jealous over Natsu kissing a girl before he did. Happy was just smugly smiling, 'caaaaaalled it!' He thought.

The two parted from the kiss, Natsu's face having a light tint of blush to it. Then Lucy realised what she just did and her face just exploded in red. Natsu noticed this and chuckled silently, "You're so cute Luce.." At this, she almost fainted.

Gray cleared his throat in the background. "Soooo uhhh... Are you two a uh.. thing now?" Gray asked, trying to avoid eye contact with Natsu. Lucy glanced at Natsu's blushing face before smiling and nodding. "If Natsu's okay with it then yep!" At this Natsu's face just exploded in blush.

"I-I don't know..." he muttered. Lucy turned around, "Huh? Why not?" She asked. Natsu looked down, ashamed. "What about..... E.N.D.." Natsu muttered again. Lucy just smiled, along with everyone else in the room. "Don't worry about that Natsu! We all believe that you can suppress E.N.D!" Lucy cheered enthusiastically. Everyone else nodded. Natsu smiled at this.

"Then I accept!" Natsu said, smiling warmly at Lucy. Lucy cheered and jumped into a hug with Natsu, kissing his cheek. Natsu was just hugging back, blushing intensely, his face a bright red. The rest of the group laughed at the two, happy that the tense atmosphere that was there a few minutes ago was now gone.

Natsu and Lucy parted from the hug and got up, the two holding hands. Though that was short lived as each person in the room came to hug Natsu individually, it all went well other than when Gray came over. They didn't hug though Gray did smile and congratulate Natsu on beating E.N.D. Though that would only be temporary.

Once that was over, Happy picked up the unconscious Mira and carried her into a separate infirmary bed and the group, except Natsu and Lucy went out to inform the guild of the good news.

Lucy turned to face Natsu, he looked nervous. I mean, who could blame him? The guild he waged war against not long ago was right before him and he was going to have to beg for an apology from them. He didn't expect to be forgiven but he still had hope.

Lucy squeezed Natsu's hand in attempts for comfort. "It'll be okay Natsu, no one thinks of you as an enemy." Lucy said with a smile. Natsu nodded but still had doubts.

The two opened the door and entered into the main guild hall. The whole guild turned to face them which triggered a whole new level of anxiety and panic in Natsu. His vision clouded over with the amounts of panic and he couldn't see the guild members faces clearly.

Natsu physically stepped backwards, his eyes widening. His breathing began to quicken and his palms began to sweat. Lucy realised this and turned to Natsu, instantly hugging him. "It's okay Natsu, don't panic, I'm here.." she whispered to him. Natsu managed to calm down a little, slowly hugging Lucy back, a smile growing on Lucy's face.

Once the panic had subsided, Natsu's vision cleared to see the faces of the guild members. Some were smiling, others were surprised. Some were even crying.

Lucy pulled back from hugging Natsu and just went back to holding his hand. She squeezed it in comfort and support. Natsu smiled at her before facing the guild. "H-hi..?" He said, trying to hide his nervousness but failing miserably.

At this, the guild all smiled and stood up at once. "WELCOME BACK NATSU!!" The guild cheered in sync. Natsu jumped at this, surprised. Lucy laughed slightly at Natsu's reaction, facing him. "The guild decided to do this if you beat E.N.D, we all knew you could Natsu!" She cheered along with the guild.

Natsu was overcome with sadness, but a happy sadness. Tears filled his eyes and spilled down his cheeks. The guild paused for a minute looking at Natsu, but relaxed when seeing the Dragon Slayer smile. "T-thank you all...this is honestly the best guild ever!" He shouted at the guild members. They all smiled in response and shouted back at him in agreement.

From that moment forwards there was a giant party held in the guild hall.

Natsu and Lucy went down to join the rest of the guild. Natsu nervously reuniting with the members he'd injured in battle. People like Carla, Wendy, Lisanna, Gajeel and Lily were the hardest to see for him. The people he put in the most pain. The first time he saw them he apologised a heck of a lot and let's just say some tears were shed. Everyone noticed Natsu acted different but no one said anything wanted tonight to be only fun and partying instead of anything serious.

As the night got late, both Natsu and Lucy were extremely drunk. Natsu was sat down on one of da benches and Lucy was sat on his lap facing him. They were both saying sickly sweet things to each other, kissing and drunkly laughing. Romeo, Wendy and others that were sober just watched an laughed at the scene. And it was at this moment Mira woke up, walked out, saw that and then passed straight back out again.

The partying went on to a very late point in the night.

~~~~~
(1430 words)
Heyo! How're you guys?

I'm so grateful for all the views I've got on this book! Thank you so much!

I'm going to recommend a book I found, this book is a fairy tail book that is ongoing and is really good in my opinion! But it doesn't have many views! So I'm going to recommend it here, please go check it out and support the author!
It's called Learning how to Live by Fluffiest_Alpaca !

Thank you for reading, I'll see you next chapter, bye!