Chapter 1

This is a start of a new book (hopefully I'll actually stick with this one :/) Anyway I hope you enjoy it, don't forget to vote, comment follow and reccomend to others. This is dedicated to @reyles for always being in such a calm mood. She knows what I mean...

PS. Nell is indeed a nickname for Eleanor, don't argue with me on this

XXX

A thin layer of sweat slowly started to form on the back of my neck and my jumper – which had seemed like such a good idea on the cold British morning – was starting to stick to my body in a most uncomfortable way.

At least the six hour plane journey was finally over. Even with the best of Queen blasting into my ears, a journey in a cramped space with a screaming child behind me was not exactly desirable. Even if the destination was supposedly an ‘oasis’.

I redid my ponytail whilst waiting for the queue to move forward.

The airport had no roof, and offered no shade, so I stood, in the sweltering heat trying as hard as I could to look semi-decent. What can I say? The boy two families behind us was good looking, in fact if I squinted enough he kind of looked like Alex Pettyfer.

My dad kept on shooting me – supposedly – subtle glances as if he was worried I was suddenly going to break down and Kyle kept on pulling on the strap of my bag trying to gain my attention. I already wanted to go home, and we had only landed twenty minutes ago.

Thankfully we were now at the front of the queue and quickly sent to one of the booths that held a stony faced security official – who was lucky enough to have access to shade.

“Passports.”

Well he was certainly straight to the point; I retrieved them out of the side pocket of my bag and handed them over. I had refused to trust my father with them; his mind had been all over the place recently and so he would no doubt forget them.

The security guy flicked through them, stopping to glance up at us once he reached our pictures. I pushed Kyle forward from where he was hiding and waited patiently for us to be let through.

Looking up, it was clear the security guy had other ideas.

“Is he actually your father?” He asked me, his accent clear.

“Yes.”

I could imagine what he was thinking. But it was hardly like my dad looked like the type of guy to smuggle children from country to country. I guess you can’t be too careful though.

The security official looked at my dad skeptically before handing me the passports back and then we were off, waved forward to a small room with a single luggage carousel. If there was one thing I already knew about this airport, it was that it was the smallest one I’d ever visited.

I looked around at my fellow tourists; it was a collection of tired and excited faces. Stressed adults and ecstatic children. Kyle certainly settled into the latter category.

He was looking around with an expression of pure delight on his face. I shook my head at him, at least one of us might enjoy this holiday.

“Is that our bag, Nell?” He asked me with an impish grin on his face, gesturing wildly towards a familiar patterned case.

“Looks like it. Do you want to grab it?”

He nodded energetically and bounded towards the carousel, before struggling to lift the heavy case off it and onto the floor.