Padawan Returns

Astoria sat on the edge of her hospital bed waiting to be released. She was going to trial, but she didn't care. She didn't really care if the Jedi Council found her guilty or not, either. She was just happy that she was back to the Light and that she got to see Ahsoka, Anakin, and Obi-Wan again. If she was to be executed, all she ever wanted as a last wish would be to see her three closest friends one last time.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Ahsoka entering her room.

"Astoria," Ahsoka began, "How're you feeling?"

Astoria shrugged, "Better I guess."

"That's good," Ahsoka said, "Um.. the Jedi Council wants to have your trial at least three hours after you're released from the hospital. They fear waiting too long will make you corrupt again."

"That's ok," Astoria responded, her voice cracking a little as she held back tears, "You, Anakin, and Obi-Wan will take my side right? I'm not sure I care of the other's choices; but if you three don't believe me when I say that I was under some kind of influence, I'm not sure I could stay here... if I even get that choice."

"Of course we believe you.. along with Luminara, Kit Fisto, and Shaak Ti."

Astoria looked up at Ahsoka quickly with surprise written in her eyes.

"How did you get them to believe me?" Astoria asked in a joyfully surprised tone.

"We didn't do anything to alter their opinions, actually," Ahsoka stated, "They naturally believe you."

Astoria stared at Ahsoka for a moment in shock. She wasn't able to believe that the other Jedi believed her on their own rather than having been convinced of it.

"Ahsoka.. I don't want to be executed.." Astoria said suddenly with tears forming in her eyes, "I know I did awful things and made poor decisions, but it wasn't entirely my fault... Besides, I'm way too young to die..! I'm only 14!.."

Ahsoka walked closer to Astoria and hugged her.

"I promise that I won't let you be hurt in any way. You're a close friend of mine, Astoria... and I don't let my friends get hurt."

Astoria and Ahsoka pulled out of their hug and Ahsoka took a step back, smiling slightly at Astoria. She smiled back weakly, but it quickly faded away.

Just then, Astoria's doctor walked in.

"You are now free to leave," He said, "The only thing we saw physically wrong with you is that deep cut on your side. But it really isn't anything to worry about as long as you keep that bandage on for at least three days."

Astoria nodded and then stood.

Ahsoka was actually kind of scared. She had only known Astoria for a little over a month, but she knew that Astoria was never this quiet. She was definitely trying not to burst into tears at that very moment.

The doctor left and Astoria began walking to the door when Ahsoka called her name. She turned around and saw Ahsoka had tears in her eyes.

"Ahsoka?" Astoria said worriedly, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah.. I'll be fine.." Ahsoka said, "Will you be though..?"

Astoria gave her a weak smile and nodded slightly, then turned to leave again. Ahsoka followed behind her and they walked to Astoria's quarters.

Once they reached her quarters, Astoria changed out of her Dark Side outfit into one of her old outfits. It was somewhat similar to what she wore as a Padawan before she fled, but it was different in many ways.

Instead of wearing a shirt, she now wore a short, pale grey dress with no sleeves that went across her chest. She wore dark grey leggings and dark navy blue boots that went to just below her knees. She also wore a dark navy blue glove on her right hand that went to just before her elbow; but only the one glove, indicating an injury or something similar that she may have been embarrassed to show . Around her neck, she wore a necklace with a dark grey chain that had a matching dark navy blue fire opal gem that was in the shape of a circle.

"When did you get that outfit?" Ahsoka asked.

"I've had it.." Astoria responded, reaching a hand up to touch her necklace.

Ahsoka shrugged a little and went to the door and opened.

"Well, the Jedi Council is ready for your trial.." Ahsoka said solemnly, "Are you ready?"

"Yeah.. lets go.." Astoria said, walking to the door.

They both walked out slowly. Astoria shut her door and sighed.

"This feels like the lottery.." Astoria said as her and Ahsoka walked to the trial room, "But my life is on the line rather than credits.."

***
Ahsoka and Astoria reached the trial room where they met with Anakin and Obi-Wan.

"Young Padawan, are you ready..?" Obi-Wan asked, an edge clear in his voice.

"Yes, Master Kenobi.. I'm ready.." Astoria responded nervously.

She stepped onto the platform and it rose her to the top where the other Jedi were seated.

She grew more and more nervous the higher she went until she reached the top.

"Padawan Canossis," Master Yoda began, "Treason, you have committed. True or false, this is?"

"In a certain point of view, it is true, Master Yoda," Astoria stated flatly.

"Why only a certain point of view, hm?"

"Master Yoda, I was influenced in some strange way by another Sith. I'm not sure who, but I can state with full confidence that it was not fully my doing that I turned. Someone took advantage of my emotions that day and pitted it against me."

Yoda seemed to take her words into consideration for a moment... or maybe he was reaching into her mind with the Force to see if she was lying. Astoria didn't care either way. She had nothing incriminating to hide from the Council.

"Believe you, I do," Yoda said, "Investigate this, we must."

Astoria smiled for the first time in a while upon hearing these words. She breathed a heavy sigh of relief, realizing she had been holding her breath for a while.

"Free to go, you are, young Canossis," Yoda said.

"Thank you, Master Yoda," Astoria said, her tone changing rapidly from depressed and fearful to happy in mere seconds.

The platform she stood on began to lower. When she reached the bottom again, she was immediately embraced by Ahsoka. She returned the hug happily.

"This is amazing!" Ahsoka said cheerfully.

"It's a miracle, really," Astoria said laughing a little, "I didn't expect to be released..!"

Next, Anakin and Obi-Wan hugged Astoria. Ahsoka was still hugging her as well. They all hugged for a moment, then stepped back.

"Astoria," Obi-Wan started with a smile.

"Yes, Master Kenobi?" Astoria responded. Anakin casually put an arm around Ahsoka's shoulders as the two of them watched happily.

Obi-Wan held Astoria's Padawan hair tie that she had used for her Padawan braid out in his hand.

"Would you like to continue your Padawan training by my side?" Obi-Wan asked with a smile.

Astoria looked at her hair tie a little surprised then smiled and picked up the hair tie.

"Master Kenobi, I'd love to continue my training."