An Unbreakable Bond

-[I don't think I clarified this in the story preview: Anakin and Padmé are close friends, not husband and wife, in this story. K, that's all: enjoy the story and welcome to the Dark Side!]-

Anakin sat in a chair next to Ahsoka's hospital bed. He kept drifting to sleep, but every time he did he would force himself awake. He was exhausted, but he knew Ahsoka would wake up soon - he could practically feel it.

That feeling confused him, but he listened to it. It was as if he was Ahsoka, ready to wake up at any moment. Anakin has felt something similar before, but only once. It was during a battle that Ahsoka had hurt her arm really bad. Anakin was fighting off the last few droids when he had a sudden sharp pain in the same arm that Ahsoka was shot. He didn't tell anyone about it - not even Ahsoka. He didn't think he should tell anyone.

Anakin sat in the chair watching Ahsoka for movement or proof of her waking up. She stirred a little. He tried to stay awake a little longer and failed.

Anakin was drifting off to sleep again when he heard Ahsoka.

"A-ani..?" She said quietly. She didn't need to say anything, honestly. As Anakin was drifting to sleep he felt Ahsoka waking up somehow. That's what woke him up mostly, really.

"Hey, Snips.." He said, smiling a little bit. He put his hand on her's.

"W-what happened..?" She asked.

Anakin stared at her, slightly surprised. It took him a moment to respond.

"You don't remember?" He asked her. She shook her head no, "Then it doesn't matter. Not right now at least."

She stared at him a moment, then asked him again in a more urgent or panicked voice, "Master, What happened..?"

He squeezed her hand a little tighter, "I-it doesn't matter right now.."

Ahsoka noticed his voice seemed strained and hoarse. As if he had been choked earlier. She also sensed pain from Anakin.

"Master, what's wrong..?"

"N-nothing.. I'm fine.."

She stared at him and made her voice sound a little more stern, "Anakin, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm ok.." He said, smiling a little.

She stared at him. She knew he was hiding something from her. Did she do something to him?

Anakin stared at Ahsoka's eyes, imagining how they looked when Palpatine - or Darth Sidious? - turned her against Anakin. It scared him to see her like that. He wasn't scared of her, but it scared him to see her.. gone and not herself.. like that

Ahsoka ended up catching Anakin's gaze and staring into his eyes as well. They stayed like this for a moment. Then, Anakin leaned closer to her and kissed her, and she did the same.

They stayed like this for a minute or so, then they broke the kiss. To be honest, they were sort of getting used to it by now, but they both still blushed a noticeable amount when they kissed. Anakin smiled at her and she smiled back.

"How do you feel?" Anakin asked.

She shrugged, "I kind of ache everywhere.. do you know why?"

Anakin stared at her, his expression going cold, as he recalled barging through Palpatine's doors and stopping in his tracks as he watched Ahsoka being tortured by the supposed 'most trustable man in the galaxy'... it sent shivers down his spine and brought tears to his eyes. He quickly wiped his tears away.

"Um.." He stammered. He wasn't sure if he should tell Ahsoka what happened now or another time.

"What is it?" Ahsoka asked, concern growing in her tone.