Part 20

The next day he first noticed his mistake when it was almost lunch time. He forgot to wake Shinichi. He saw him sleeping soundly at his desk over his files but in his hurry forgot it.
"Oh god I forgot...!! Forgot forgot...!!"
Hakuba noticed Kaito's panic attack and furrowed his eyebrows, trying to listen to his mumbling.
"Shit...! Shit shit shit he could be dead now...! S-sensei!! Sensei may I please leave class?! It's really important!! Please!"
The teacher, surprised to see another emotion than happiness in Kaito's face, simply nodded and the whole class watched the man storming full speed out of the room. Tears started to fall down his cheeks as Kaito ran along the path which greeted him with green grass and little children playing around.
"Nonono!! Kudo...! Kudo please...!"

It wasn't long until he opened the door and stumbled into his house.
"KUDO?! SHIN-CHAN!! ANSWER ME!!"
He forgot to wake him up to take his medicine. Akako warned him, she warned him clearly if Shinichi would miss to take it a single day his heart would be frozen within four hours. A sleepy Shinichi shambled out of the kitchen, a coffee in his hands.
"Kaito...? Aren't you supposed to be in class-"
He didn't get any further as Kaito tackled the man onto the ground in a bone crushing hug, pressing a squeal out of his body and the cup bursted into several pieces once it hit the wooden floor.
"Ouch!! Kaito! What has gotten into you?! Ouch!"
Poor Shinichi rubbed whining his head, trying to ease the pain. Kaito on the other hand stared at Shinichi like he was the one going insane.
"S-Shin-chan... A-are you annoyed? Mad?"
"OF COURSE I AM YOU IDIOT!"
Shinichi possessed feelings. He still did feel annoyance and anger. Kaito couldn't believe his ears, it was impossible for him unless... unless...
His eyes grew big at that thought.
"Shin-chan tell me... Do you love me? Are you in love with me?"

Shinichi stared at him as if he just grew a second head. Kaito began to chew on his lip, it must have been true or else Shinichi wouldn't have had feelings anymore at this point. Finally, the detective showed the reaction Kaito waited too long for.
He turned his head to the side to avoid his eyes, a soft pink covering his cheeks as he kept silent.
But that was all the former thief needed to see. Laughing in joy he kept trapping Shinichi below him on the ground, hugging him as tight as possible which soon resulted into the poor man gasping for air.
"Oh Shinichi I'm so happy...!"

Kaito raised himself from his admirer and held a hand out, helping Kudo up onto his feet again. Tho in the same second, Shinichi found himself pressed once more against his chest as the magician hugged him once more.
"Oh Shin-chan... I'm so sorry... I forgot to wake you and you didn't take your medicine! You'd have lost your feelings by now..."
Shinichi's eyes grew wide as he heard Kuroba blurting all of this out and froze for a moment, feeling for his heart which beat clear and warm inside his chest.
"H-how? How am I still feeling?"
"I... I didn't want to tell you beforehand. Akako-chan found a cure to this curse... True love. She said you'd need to fall for me... It would be enough to warm your heart the rest of your life and eliminate the curse. Shin-chan... You're not immortal any longer."
Having said this both the detective and former thief bursted into tears, laying in each others arms, both glad to have ended this horror.
"Kaito-kun... did you fall for me too?"
"I did. I love you with all my heart."

These two sentences made Kudo Shinichi become the happiest person he had ever been. Kaito didn't even think about going back to school this day now that he had so much to tell his favorite tantei and soon both sat down in the kitchen, cuddling each other and drinking coffee together.
"Shin-chan, will you stay here? With me?"
"Of course, baka."
A sudden smirk overcame Kaito and he looked cheekily over to his new boyfriend.
"And will you give him to me? Kudo Shinichi?"
The detective raised his eyebrows and smirked back at his counterpart, immediately shaking his head.
"You didn't think I'd be giving up on myself so fast, did you? I want them both too. Both of them belong to me, KID and Kuroba Kaito."
"Then I will gladly give you both as well."
A softer smile was exchanged between these two and both of them spend a peaceful day together. In the evening as Shinichi suddenly sneezed, Kaito looked up with worry across his usual pokerface.

"You aren't getting sick are you?"
"Oh stop caring already I'm not that fragile!"

[End]