Part 2

KID chuckled softly and tipped shortly his head. Such a nosy detective, wasn't he? But that was what he loved about his rival. He was more than worthy to be his opponent.
"My my Meitantei, so straightforward. Aren't we going to have a little chat first~?"
Shinichi scoffed a little, but made sure to not let his guard down. To him, Kid was definitely not someone to underestimate.
"No. What do you want? I'll call the cops right away."

He pulled out his phone and flashed a short glance at the Kaitou to make sure he wouldn't try anything funny but once he returned his eyes to his phone, it was replaced by a toy phone. Startled by that, Shinichi let out a squeak and the toy dropped onto the floor.
"H-how did you...?!"
"I'm not here to play with you, Meitantei. I'm here to return the jewel~"
"You... what?!"
Shinichis expression switched into priceless as Kaito came closer and lifted his chin with a cheeky grin.
"What, did I make you speechless~?"
Poor Shinichi finally got back to his senses again and roughly pushed Kaito away from him, growling darkly.
"Don't touch me you scumbag!! You usually throw these gems away. You're behaving suspicious."
"My my, quite a rude behavior."

As if nothing happened, KID took three elegant steps to the opened window and climbed up the windowsill.
"Until we meet again under the moonlight, Meitantei~"
"Wait! Hey! What about the jewel?!"
Kaitou KID snickered, fairly entertained by this conversation, he seemed to enjoy toying like that with the infamous detective.
"Look into your pocket~"
But as soon as Shinichi lowered his gaze to fish out a beautiful sparkling jewel, Kaito simply disappeared like he never would have entered this room at all.

Cursing quietly, Shinichi plopped down on his bed and turned the sparkling gem in his hands, examining it up close.
"Why on earth did he give the jewel to me? It's not like we meet too often..."
With a soft sigh Shinichi searched in his pockets for his phone, luckily finding it soon. He leaned back down onto his bed and dialed the number of the keibu, sighing to himself as he waited for him to pick up. As usual, Nakamori was overly exited to hear about Kaitou KID showing himself again.

Not long after he left Kaito returned into the bar again with Jii greeting him as usual with a polite bow.
"Did you succeed bocchama?"
"Of course~ You should have seen Kudos face. He looked priceless to find me waiting in his room~"
Jii chuckled softly and took the coat off of Kaito, hiding it in the employee area of the bar.
"That sounds like a fairly good evening for you, bocchama."
"Oh yes, it definitely was~!"
Kaito yawned softly and arched his back. He wanted to do nothing more than leaving to bed. He bid Jii farewell and left back into his own house and bed, falling asleep within a few minutes. After all, this had been quite a funny night.

The next day, Shinichi bumped on his way to the police into a young man. He stumbled backwards and took a short gasp, then bowed as apology.
"I-I'm sorry, I didn't see you."
The young man smiled sheepishly back and nodded, holding out his hand.
"Sorry. I'm Kuroba Kaito. You... you are Kudo Shinichi, aren't you? I've read about your solved case in the newspaper."
Shinichi's expression turned into surprise, but instantly another sheepish smile grew on his face.
"Yeah, that's me... Sorry, but I'm kinda in a hurry now."
"Of course, I understand. Maybe we bump into each other sometime again~"
Shinichi merely nodded and headed off again. Something seemed odd to him about this Kuroba... It was just like he had already met him somewhere. The man shook himself shortly to get rid of that thought. No matter how he turned it, he hated déjàvus.
Once he arrived at the station, he of course had to let the policemen and especially Nakamori-keibu bomb him with questions about KID. It actually wasn't much different than usual, just the normal questions about his appearance, any new details or clues to follow and so on.

Kaito on the other hand smirked to himself once he reached his destination, a cafe. He didn't await to meet Shinichi today, but it sure helped a lot. Because as they bumped together, Kaito could slip a small note to his next heist into the Meitantei's pocket. Oh, how much he would have loved to see the face of Shinichi once he noticed the small code in his jacket.
"He will definitely question himself for the next few hours how he couldn't notice me slipping that into his pocket... would be typical Kudo~"
With a pleasured sigh he leaned back and took a sip of his freshly ordered coffee. This time he had another jewel in sight, a beautiful sapphire. He couldn't await to show his rival the world of dreams again and steal the sapphire directly under his nose away.
"I wonder how you will try to catch me this time, Meitantei~"