Part 3

Shinichi arrived punctual at the huge museum at night time. He was not only surprised to find a note in his pocket, he was shocked to find out it had been from KID himself. Thanks to this damned thief he sure kept bothering himself with trying to find out how on earth KID could have managed to slip the note into his pocket.
He took a short inhale and wrapped himself tighter into his jacket. It sure became colder these days, hopefully he wasn't going to get a cold. The night sky was as clear as ever and the moon shone beautiful down onto the bulding. Much to Shinichis discontent he first of all had to squish himself through the tons of KID fans.

They had gathered everywhere around the building but made sure to keep a good safe space from the place of act. Most of them were girls, cheering for their idol to once win again against the police and moreover, against Shinichi. The man mentally scoffed. If public really didn't appreciate their work at all, maybe they should just stop trying to hunt Kid and focus onto more important things like serial killers or some sort of that.
But finally, he made his way through the squealing crowd and took the stairs up into the museum. Nakamori-keibu was the first one to bump into him, as usual shouting harsh orders.
"Kudo-kun! Perfect timing!"
"I am not going to miss one of KID's heists."
It was fairly weird for Shinichi to say this, after all he had never found any interest in hunting plain thieves. But Kaito was different, this thief was special. Shinichi clearly felt something hidden behind these indigo eyes, a mystery he would die to solve. And this would happen once he finally caught Kid.

"FIFTEEN MINUTES LEFT!! IS EVERYTHING SET UP?!"
"SIR YES SIR!!"
As usual, Nakamori proved his lungs to be as strong as the one of a noisy child. Shinichi grimaced a little and stepped into the entrance hall, further into the building and past policemen setting up traps, discussing plans and strategies until he reached a lone part of the building. He felt he was safe here from the inspector, but something was odd. He sensed the presence of somebody, he definitely wasn't alone. A shiver ran down Shinichi's spine and he slowly but surely became a little nervous. This presence was thrilling... mysterious... It promised danger.

It was KID.

It had to be KID. There was no other choice. But before he could leave again to Nakamori to tell him about his suspicion, the his alarm went off on his phone. 23:02. Time for KID to appear.
Like he awaited it, suddenly a pink cloud of smoke appeared and KID's voice rang similar like bells of the apocalypse behind Shinichi.
"Good evening great detective~"
Shinichi wanted to spin around but got caught in the culprit's grip. Struggling for his dear life, he glared daggers at the famous phantom thief.
"Let go of me!! Lowlife!!"
"My my, dear Meitantei... Such a rude behavior. Maybe I should just punish you for that."
Shinichi froze as he saw the mischievous glim in Kids eyes. It was hypnotizing him; KID's glare pierced his soul and threatened to devour him inside out. The boy remained frozen but once he caught himself again he found himself tangled up inside a net, captured and unable to escape.
"O-oi!! Let me out of this!! KID!!"

Kaito didn't bother to listen at all to Shinichi. Whistling carefree, he took the stairs into the upper halls of the museum, heading where the beautiful jewel was kept. Shinichi on the other hand kept on struggling in the net, crying out harsh insults even Nakamori-keibu would turn a sheepish red at. It was quite a blow against his pride to get stopped by something silly as a net. Lucky enough for him, policemen rushed past him and one showed enough mercy to cut him out of his trap. Shinichi merely nodded towards him and followed the others upstairs.
"He surprised me from behind. I didn't see him coming at all."
A look of pure displeasure on his face Shinichi bursted into the room where the jewel should be, much to his frustration, it was gone.

"KID can't be far!! Seal all escapes!"
This time, the police actually managed to secure every single way in and out. Kaito, hiding inside a small storage room, took a deep breath and slumped down against the wall behind him.
"What have I gotten myself into again..."
A little helpless he looked through his repertoire, merely finding a few smoke bombs and a bit of sleeping gas. All his other tricks he had wasted on the policemen, but now he had all reason to be cornered. With a sigh he took out the building plans of the museum, trying to find a way out. Once he finally managed to locate a good escape, he picked up his map and stuffed it into his pocket. He dusted his clothes a little, then finally went to open the door.

...which caused him to bump into a certain detective, who was just as surprised to see Kaitou KID still in here.