12.

"So, how's Tesco? Are you guys busy with back to school stuff?" Liam asks Louis as they play FIFA at Liam's flat.

Louis physically cringes at Liam's words. He feels so guilty for not telling him and Zayn the truth. They're his best friends and this is something that's kind of a big deal, at least to them it will be. He doesn't think he can keep it up any longer. He's not the best liar if he's lying to people he really cares about.

"Yeah about that..." Louis says, pausing the game causing Liam to give him a questioning look. "I'm not working at Tesco anymore."

"What? Since when? Where are you working now?" Liam asks. Just as Louis expected, Liam's already concerned.

"Um well here's the thing Li, and you can't get upset," Louis hesitantly says. He's wishes he never said anything in the first place, there's no going back now, though. Plus it's probably better to just get it over with now instead of putting it off any longer.

"What," Liam says sarcastically. "Don't tell me you're a prostitute."

Louis stares at Liam without saying anything. "Louis! You're a prostitute?!"

"No," Louis puts his hands out in defense. "No I'm not a prostitute. Just um, something kind of similar..."

"Huh? What's similar to a pro-" then realization washes over Liam. Louis swears he sees five different emotions go through him within two seconds. Liam finally decides on anger it seems because he stands up from the couch, throwing the Xbox controller onto the cushion. "A stripper Louis?! How did you even—w-why did you think—that is not safe. You can't—you're not gonna—"

"Calm down," Louis says as he too stands up and tries to get Liam to sit back down and talk like a normal person. "It's not that bad. It's safer than you think, trust me."

"Trust you?! Louis. Are you kidding me?? You have to quit I'm not going to let you get hurt or—or raped. If you get raped I'll lose my shit and probably end up in jail. I can't go to jail Louis. What's—what's—have you told Zayn? You need to—"

"Liam, mate, you're freaking out. Just sit down and I'll explain it to you," Louis tries to rationalize.

Liam shakes his head and walks out into the kitchen to grab his phone he left on the table. When he gets back out he shoves the phone in Louis' face. "Call him and tell him right now."

"Who, Zayn?"

"Really Louis? Who the fuck else would you call?!"

Louis pulls on Liam's arm to try and get him to sit again but Liam's too strong and easily pulls his arm away with a glare.

"Just let me explain it to you first. I don't need you both overreacting like this," Louis tries to reason, but Liam won't have it.

"Fine. If you won't call him then I will."

"No Liam, please. He'll be so upset," Louis pleads trying to take the phone from Liam who's twisting and turning trying to text Zayn and dodge Louis at the same time.

"No! We need to talk about this together. He can convince you to quit," Liam says. He gives up trying to text and decides to call instead. Zayn picks up right away and Liam starts to talk. "Hi, are you busy right now?"

Louis can't hear what Zayn's saying back but then Liam starts telling him more. "Well I need you to come over, please. Louis has something impor-"

"No I don't Zayn! He's just messing with you. Don't come!" Louis interrupts, earning a pissed off look from Liam.

"Just, hurry up okay? Kay, I'll see you in five," Liam hangs up the phone and turns to Louis. "He'll be here in five."

"Yeah," Louis pouts, folding his arms across his chest, "I heard."