Chapter One

This is Richelle Meads book "Vampire Academy" in Dimitri Belikov's perspective.     Don't forget to comment, vote, fav & fan :)

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.                                                                  

                                                         Chapter One

The night breeze was like a cool caress against my skin. The wind was picking up. The tree's Branch's were swaying, the leaves were rustling wildly and my duster was flapping furiously out behind me. My footsteps were heavy against the pavement as I quickly made my way over to Guardian Chase who had stopped suddenly in front of a small house; which put me on high alert. As I approached him, he raised his arm, and shakily pointed towards the window on the top floor. "What's the matt-" I stopped suddenly and saw what- who- he was looking at. My eyes widened slightly and my back stiffened. Through the window was Princess Vasilisa Dragomir, a royal vampire, whom myself and around a dozen other guardians had been ordered, to find, and take back to the safety of the academy. Even though we had been on the search for her and her Dhampir friend for almost two years now- She was that important- I could not believe we'd found them in this situation. Vasilisa was drinking blood from a girl who I presumed was Rosemarie Hathaway her Dhampir best friend.

It wasn't natural, moroi weren't supposed to drink from dhampir's, only humans, it was considered dirty and shameful. Moroi men drank a women dhampir's blood during sex and that was frowned upon. The dhampir's were called "Blood whore's" if they participated in such a shameful act. So to see the princess sucking the blood of her dhampir best friend was horrifying even a bit sickening but within a minute it was over. I watched as the princess pulled back and wiped her lips with the back of her hand and stood up. The dhampir smiled at her dreamily and the princess gave her a concerned look before saying a few words, then walking out of the room.

"Go notify the others" I instructed Guardian Chase who was still standing beside me with wide eyes and his lips parted as if he were silently screaming. He turned, nodded then took off at a sprint to find the other guardians who were searching for the princess a few blocks away. I turned my attention back to the window and immediately took a sharp intake of breath. The dhampir girl stood at the window staring straight at me with her lips parted in amazement. I didn't dare move an inch just in case she thought I was a shadow but I knew she saw me just as well as I could see her, even though it was pitch black, dhampir's could basically see in the dark without much trouble but it wasn't like the brightness of day. So, I would be clearly visible from where she was standing. I waited for her to react somehow mainly expecting her to scream or run to notify the princess. She did after a long moments pause. She rushed around the room hurriedly picking up bits and pieces of clothing and Jewellery before she stumbled out of the room and presumedly ran to notify the princess and plan an escape.

I didn't hesitate, rushing over to the front door and opening it just a crack I listened silently for the conversation that was about to take place. Heavy footsteps echoed down the hall and I heard the princess speak, "You shouldn't be up" she chastised.

"We have to go. Now" she replied evenly. There was a short moments silence.

"Are you... really? Are you sure?" the princess asked, her tone slightly frantic.

A male voice spoke "What's wrong?" ignoring his question the dhampir told Vasilisa to get the boys car keys. The boy asked once more what the girls were doing before he went completely silent.

"We need to borrow your car" the princess spoke calmly.

"Where are your keys?" she asked gently. There was a clinching sound, which I presumed was the boy handing over his keys.

"Thank you" Vasilisa said sweetly.

"And where is it parked?"

"Down the street. At the corner. By brown" the boy replied almost robotically.

I didn't waste time, quietly shutting the front door I started jogging away from the house in the direction of the boy's car. Pulling out my cell from my pocket I dialled Guardian Chase's number- he answered on the second ring.

"How far away are you and the others? The girls are leaving the house- they saw me." Heavy breathing came through the other end of the line.

"Not far, roughly two minutes" Guardian Chase puffed, he was obviously running whilst talking.

"I'm going to cut them off at the intended escape vehicle, you and the others stay close behind- just in case they intend to double back once they spot me." I explained.

"Got it. Cya soon" he replied before hanging up the phone. I slid the cell into my pocket and ran as fast as I could to the vehicle the boy had described to the girls. Quickly I decided to hide behind some bushes out the front of another house only a couple of metres from the car. A minute later I heard the heavy footsteps and panting of Vasilisa and her Dhampir friend coming up the road towards the car. The other guardians weren't far behind them I began to hear their footsteps closing in- the girls were trapped.

The girls paused and exchanged frantic glances before stumbling forward again. When they were about ten feet from the car I removed myself from behind the bushes and positioned myself directly in their path. Wide eyed both girls came to a screeching halt and the dhampir immediately jerked the princess behind her- cutting my line of access to her. The natural thing for a dhampir or guardian to do when confronted with a threat. I examined the female dhampir for a short moment. She was the princess's height exactly. She had brown curly hair, which, at the moment, was in a messy tangle that reached down to her chest. She had chocolate brown eyes that were staring at mine fiercely. Her teeth were bared and she was crouched protectively in front of the princess who was cowering behind her. The other guardian's footsteps slowed as they finally caught up with us but they didn't make a move. The female dhampir's expression faltered as she realised she was surrounded by guardians. She pressed right up against Vasilisa and presumably assessed their chance of escaping. "Leave her alone" she growled. "Don't touch her." I held up my hands trying to assure her everything was going to be okay and took a step closer.

Probably realising their was no chance of escape, unless she fought her way out, she leaped at me in an attacking manoeuvre. I tensed up and met her clumsy attack on the defence. She was poorly trained and I could tell by her lack in strength and choice of moves. A mistake that would have gotten her and the princess killed if they'd run into any strigoi. My arm slammed into her chest and sent her flying backwards. Gasping and not quite managing to catch her footing she started to fall, head first, towards the ground. As fast as I had reacted to her attack I reached out and caught her arm, keeping her upright and preventing the sure impact of the nasty fall. She steadied herself and her hair parted slightly to reveal her bite mark; which was still oozing out a small amount of her blood. I grimaced as I watched her reach up to touch it and then pulling her hand back, she frowned, as she saw the blood on her hand. Embarrassed she shook her head, making her hair cover up the bite mark. I stared directly into her eyes making my facial expression unreadable hoping to hide my unease and slight disgust at seeing the mark. She then quickly backed up towards Vasilisa and braced herself for an attack. The princess reached out and caught a hold of her hand.

"Rose" she said quietly "Don't" they stood there both staring at one another intently. A silent message seemed to pass between them and the dhampir's frown grew more prominent with each second that past. She then sagged in defeat, a wise choice I thought. Stepping forward and turning my attention to the princess I bowed out of respect. She stood behind the dhampir still but looked at me warily over her shoulder.

"My name is Dimitri Belikov," I said. "I've come to take you back to St.Vladimir's Academy, Princess."

 ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Please Comment, Vote, fan & fav for more chapters faster :)