Chapter Seventeen

My sincerist apologies this chapter hasn't been posted months ago but I was too lazy in typing it. And thats the dam truth, so deal! I hope you love it as much as me and as always; VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE, FAN and add to your FAVORITES. Plus you should follow my twitter, instagram and donate anything to my cause page if you're feeling extra nice and want the next chapter super badly :) Anyway, enjoy beautiful people. :3
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                           Chapter 17

“Roza!” I immediately tore off towards the bench. Multiple screams filled the air, the loudest coming from Rose.

“Please!” she screamed in agony. “Get it out!” My heart beat loudly in my chest. To see her in pain was torturing- even more so when I got sight of her leg. Wasting no time I started snapping pieces of wood to try and release her foot. A figure camp up behind me- Lissa. She outstretched her hand towards Rose’s ankle, looking as if she were about to touch it.

“No Vasilisa, stay back!” There was an unusual amount of intensity in my voice.

Spiridon appeared by my side and together we freed Rose’s foot. I immediately lifted her into my arms, murmuring things to her too low for anybody else to hear, but intended to try and calm her down. I ran with her in my arms.

My heart ached with every tortured sob and complaint that came out of her mouth. She had been doing so well, and now this.

Lissa jogged after me but wasn’t fast enough to catch up. A couple seconds later I burst into the infirmary and shouted for a nurse. She appeared immediately and gasped when she saw Rose’s foot. She directed me to a bed and I laid Rose down on it. She was still in absolute agony. Tears streamed down her face, she continually asked to make the pain stop. The nurse quickly ran to get some medicine whilst Lissa quickly darted and laid her hand on Rose’s foot. Rose screamed hysterically then. I went to grab Vasilisa’s hand back.

“Stop! What are you-” she whipped around and gave me a blaring gaze. Her eyes were filled with such intensity that I froze and couldn’t move. All I could do was watch as Lissa continued looking at me whilst keeping her hand firmly on Rose’s leg. Rose’s screams turned to sobs until eventually she stopped making noise completely. At that moment the nurse returned with the medicine, giving it to Rose. Lissa tore her gaze away and I slumped forward. Lissa looked disorientated for a moment and took her hand away. All I saw was a faint pink mark, the bruises I’d seen, or well- thought I’d seen, were no longer there. Confusing. The nurse told Lissa she had to go so Rose could rest. She didn’t protest and left immediately, seemingly in a hurry. The nurse examined Rose’s entire leg.

“Hmm.” She put pressure on different parts of her leg. “That’s strange, it appears as if nothing’s wrong.” I looked at her inquisitively.

“But I saw her fall. The angle of her leg was unnatural. Something has to be broken, fractured at least.” She shrugged.

“You’d think so with all the noise she was making.” I frowned. “Well, we’ll let her rest. I’ll let you know when she wakes.” I shook my head.

“No. I’ll stay.” The nurse looked at me curiously but said nothing. She then left the room, leaving us alone.

Seeing Rose like this sparked emotions in me that I had never felt before. When she fell and I heard the noise that I thought wasn’t the wood, my heart almost stopped. I thought she wouldn’t be able to walk on that foot ever again. The image haunted me. I felt distraught, angry that I didn’t catch her fall. But then again no one would’ve guessed the wood was rotted.