OK SUPER LONG AND THE MOST DRAMATIC CHAPTER EVER OMG I'M EXCITED

-Natalie. Xx

☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒☒

"let's go Bay" the nurse ordered, leading handcuffed Bay from her room to the entrance of the main building.

"Calum will join us soon" she informed Bay, who just stood there as if she was frozen.

"he's here, be nice" the nurse whispered in Bay's ear. she led Bay and Calum outside of the building and into the giant landscape that surrounded the building and was full of trees, flowers and benches.

the rest of the sections, which aren't isolated as Z, were already there, sitting and talking with themselves or with others. the nurses all huddled in a group and kept an eye on the patients all along.

"listen here, you two" the nurse turned towards Bay and Calum.

"you can only talk to each other, do not contact in any way the other sections. if you've had enough, call me and I'll lead you back to your rooms. you have 2 hours. enjoy"

with that she turned around and joined the other nurses, who were probably gossiping as usual.

"walk with me?" Calum asked Bay.

she just shrugged, and they started walking around the landscape.

"so what's your story?" Calum asked.

"what do you mean?" Bay wondered.

"ok, first of all I'm glad I made you talk. second... what did you do to get you here? to earn the title mental?"

"I don't know. what did you do that you deserve to be called mental?" she answered with a question, her voice weak from lack of use.

"it's quite a long story" he sighed.

"well, I'm not going anywhere" she joked, making Calum chuckle.

"come with me" he said to her, leading her away from curious ears and to an isolated patch of grass which he sat on, Bay following his leads.

"well" he started, "I used to have my three best friends who were like brothers to me - Luke, Ashton and Michael. we grew up together at the same neighbourhood, out mums were friends. you know, the usual cliche best friends story.

two months ago, we were hit with a bomb - Michael just walked in through the door and announced he's dating my older sister. she's 5 years older than him, and she's my sister. so I did what anyone would do. I punched him.

Michael got pissed. he was mad I wasn't supportive as he thought I would be, but honestly - I don't know why he expected that much. he punched me back, and I got really mad.

Ashton and Luke tried separating the two of us, tried to stop the fight. I wish I listened to them back then. Michael threw the TV remote at me, so I threw back my shoe, and he picked up a knife from the kitchen"

Bay felt chills running down her spine. she wasn't scared - she was thrilled. she missed that feeling of having an adrenaline rush after a kill.

"and so" Calum continued, "Michael threw the knife at me. but he missed. instead, he hit Luke. my little brother"

A single tear streamed down Calum's face.

"I was beyond mad" he kept going, "I was completely broken. watching my friend, my brother, bleed to death in my arms... a thing like this fucks you up.

so I picked up a knife too. I was walking toward Michael but Ashton was in the way. he didn't let me pass, and I was pissed and a bit drunk. so I killed him"